Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

You already posted that just a few posts up.

Nobody cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Police lying under oath, planting evidence, corrupt prosecutors and judges ARE all well know facts across the country. We're seeing more and more wrongfully convicted people fully exonerated after have spent decades in prison.

It IS extremely common.
    You make this sound as though we should just accept it and be complacent about it....

An important read: "There was a lot of deception and mendacity in Wershe’s 2003 parole hearing but one of the striking elements was a letter submitted by then-Wayne County Prosecutor Mike Duggan who is now the Mayor of the City of Detroit. That letter is full of invective and hyperbole [[nastiness and vigorous stretching of the truth) and it calls Rick Wershe “a menace to society.” The State of Michigan keeps including the Duggan letter in their filings with the federal courts as an attached exhibit to prove their side of the case. The letter has been cited several times by the Michigan Attorney General’s office in the Wershe civil rights lawsuit as “facts” the Parole Board relied upon. Thus, according to the Attorney General, the Parole Board gave Wershe a “fair” hearing.

In a word: bullshit."

http://www.thedimedroppers.com/2016/...regarding.html

When killing Rick didn't work they conspired to keep him locked up for life. Not because of any crime Rick committed but because he was exposing corruption that spanned from the DPD to the mayor's office.

""Former hit man Nate Boone Craft, an imposing figure who was accused of killing 30 people, claims in an upcoming documentary that the late Gil Hill, the former Detroit homicide cop and president of the city council, asked him to kill drug trafficker Richard Wershe Jr. to keep him from talking."" - http://www.deadlinedetroit.com/artic...r#.V9B-tunmrIU

Free Rick!! https://www.facebook.com/FreeRickWersheJr/ <-more info.

"•Richard 'Rick' Wershe Jr started work as an FBI informant when he was 14

•His information led to the arrest of cops and a mayor's brother-in-law

•But at 17, he was given life without parole for cocaine possession

•Wershe, along with former FBI agents and attorneys, believe he is still behind bars because of the enemies he made

•A new documentary now sheds more light on the efforts to shut him up

•Convicted killer Nathaniel Craft says he was asked to kill Wershe by a cop

•Hitman was then asked to cover his tracks so it wouldn't be connected

•Director Shawn Rech believes he became a 'scapegoat' for a city in decline"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...988-knows.html

Cops, prosecutors and judges are like hogs, they feed from the same trough..

"The truth is that former Detroit homicide cop and ex-City Council President Gil Hill was very upset with the information that Rick provided about a variety of matters dealing with the corruption that surrounded him. The skeletons in the closet beat at the door, until one day that door is forced to open.
    It is no secret that Kym Worthy loved and admired Gil Hill. In her position she could always oppose Wershe's release in honor of Hill. Hill died in February and maybe now she can let his soul rest and save her own."
    http://www.deadlinedetroit.com/artic...s#.V8T9XOnmrIW

Nobody cares.
    "This is an excerpt of our interview with Johnnie Curry last month. In the 1980's Johnnie ran a cocaine business that, by his account, grossed $1 million per week. Federal agents confirm the scale of his empire. He was busted and served 14 years, finally being released in 2000. He comes forward for his first-ever film interview to set the record straight. Richard "White Boy Rick" Wershe was not the kingpin the media made him out to be. The attention was because of his skin color. A white boy accepted in a black gang. Rick was many levels below Johnnie, yet Johnnie is out and Rick lingers in prison." - Shawn Rech, producer of an upcoming documentary on juvenile lifer & nonviolent drug offender Rick Wershe.
    video link: https://vimeo.com/163430212

This film, which will come out early 2017, should shed more light on this miscarriage of justice. It will also show the public that the media promoted character known as "White Boy Rick" has been based on lies. check it out: https://vimeo.com/180100095

What is going on with this case? This should have been pardoned years ago, if not now.
    What does he know about our Judicial System? Enough is enough, if anything, he supplied happy dust to rich people. STOP. STOP. Not worth a life sentence.
    Last edited by Bigb23; October-13-16 at 12:17 AM.

Freedom Detention Incorporated, nope. US Prisons Corporation, nope. Corrections Corporation of America. There, that sounds about right.
    The white boy just means he is a collateral target.

still no update on the movie/mini-series?

Nobody cares.
    Thanks Meddle, which is your proper name, for being yourself, and letting us know where you come from.

Now proceed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    What is going on with this case? This should have been pardoned years ago, if not now.
    What does he know about our Judicial System? Enough is enough, if anything, he supplied happy dust to rich people. STOP. STOP. Not worth a life sentence.
    Well since Kym Worthy has been fighting Rick's release his best bet may be with the parole board. Judge Hathaway was ready to resentence Rick last year but Worthy stepped in. She could to the right thing and go back to the judge to say resentence him but so far she's only said "she's review Rick's case" and that it's "up to the parole board". She needlessly stole another 1+ from Rick and that's not right!

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    still no update on the movie/mini-series?
    The documentary may be "out" by spring and the movie which Rick is involved with should start shooting [[including in Detroit) early next year. If you're on Facebook you can "like" the Free Rick page I run for updates and more info. https://www.facebook.com/FreeRickWersheJr/

Nobody cares.
    Did I post this one, yet? I don't think so. It's about a pos crooked/criminal cop who tried to have my friend murdered.

"One of Rick Wershe’s tormentors has passed from the scene. Gil Hill pulled a lot of strings to keep Wershe in prison. It worked. He’s still in prison 28 years after his conviction. Hill got even in a devastating way because Wershe helped the FBI investigate corruption in the Detroit Police Department. Hill was among the targets based on Wershe’s information. Not only did he get even—he got away with it." - http://www.thedimedroppers.com/2016/...op-passes.html

Things still do not add up,the average mafia hit pays $15,000 or $30,000 max with results,so why would there be an offer of over $100,000 on the table?

Those days you probably could have found a crack head that would have done it for a few rocks,heck,they were killing people over $10.

Believe it or not there are a lot of people doing life for drugs from that area,and for a lot less weight.

It may just be me but I really do not see the purpose of constantly going down the road of it is everybody else's fault he is there,it is a system that until you break down and say,I was a bad person and other then the Florida car scam thing I have redeemed my ways and ready to be a productive member of society.

It really makes no difference that the power brokers are trying to keep him in there,if they were that determined,they would let him out and he would be found the next morning dead because he could not cope with the outside world so he ended it,front page in the paper for a day and then it becomes another day.

I would not say that things happen because of politics or other shady things but I do know when you constantly belittle and accuse the very people that have the power to release you,it becomes personal and they go home at the end of the day.

Play the game on the inside no different then the outside,the route you have been taking has gotten nowhere,the only glimmer of hope that I have seen is the changing attitudes towards minimum mandatory sentences,which could have garnered sympathetic views from the parole board,but highly unlikely when one keeps calling them a bunch of whatever names.

All of the Hill stuff is now hearsay and irrelevant.

And like Richard said...

Believe it or not there are a lot of people doing life for drugs from that area,and for a lot less weight.
    WBR contributed to alot of murders, destruction on families, devastation of neighborhoods, criminalization of other young men and women, etc, etc. So should i shed a single solitary tear when so many inner city youths are getting near life numbers for small amounts of weed that has nowhere NEAR the devastating effects of cocaine that ended up on the streets cooked up as crack?

I sure hope you have a whole bunch of other offenders that are still locked from that era under the same statue that WBR is locked up under that you are going hard for.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Things still do not add up,the average mafia hit pays $15,000 or $30,000 max with results,so why would there be an offer of over $100,000 on the table?

Those days you probably could have found a crack head that would have done it for a few rocks,heck,they were killing people over $10.

It may just be me but I really do not see the purpose of constantly going down the road of it is everybody else's fault he is there,it is a system that until you break down and say,I was a bad person and other then the Florida car scam thing I have redeemed my ways and ready to be a productive member of society.

It really makes no difference that the power brokers are trying to keep him in there,if they were that determined,they would let him out and he would be found the next morning dead because he could not cope with the outside world so he ended it,front page in the paper for a day and then it becomes another day.

I would not say that things happen because of politics or other shady things but I do know when you constantly belittle and accuse the very people that have the power to release you,it becomes personal and they go home at the end of the day.

Play the game on the inside no different then the outside,the route you have been taking has gotten nowhere,the only glimmer of hope that I have seen is the changing attitudes towards minimum mandatory sentences,which could have garnered sympathetic views from the parole board,but highly unlikely when one keeps calling them a bunch of whatever names.

All of the Hill stuff is now hearsay and irrelevant.
    What does your comment on the mafia have to do with anything? I guess Gil thought his career and reputation was enough go through all the trouble to protect.

Name one person in Michigan who has served more time than Rick for a single drug offense. You won't find any. You won't find many in the U.S. and not any who were juveniles at the time of their arrest. Probably none that were recruited as informants and taught the drug trade at 14 either.

The "Hill stuff" is not just hearsay. The information is coming from many people including those in law enforcement. You can try to dismiss it but more of the truth will come out.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit Stylin View Post
    And like Richard said...

WBR contributed to alot of murders, destruction on families, devastation of neighborhoods, criminalization of other young men and women, etc, etc. So should i shed a single solitary tear when so many inner city youths are getting near life numbers for small amounts of weed that has nowhere NEAR the devastating effects of cocaine that ended up on the streets cooked up as crack?

I sure hope you have a whole bunch of other offenders that are still locked from that era under the same statue that WBR is locked up under that you are going hard for.
    You're comments are total b.s. You don't know Rick or anything he did. He bought and resold cocaine for 11 months after he stopped working for the authorities. He helped take WAY more drugs [[and also murderers/drug dealers, crooked cops) off the streets that he ever laid eyes on. He was small time and your comments show me how clueless you are.

Show me any "inner city youths" - you mean black, right? that are serving more time than Rick for less. Show me one. Maybe your problem is Rick's shade of skin?

Rick will be out soon. He should be careful what he asks for!

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    Rick will be out soon. He should be careful what he asks for!

When and if he gets paroled and is sent to Fl to do the 5 years,he will most likely be on lock down 23 hours a day for his own protection.

I am sure the whole stolen car thing with cocaine in the doors was not set up by a couple of guys in the hood who forget that easy.

There does seem to be a pattern of doing things until one gets caught then flipping,some may view that as not taking responsibility for ones own actions and preferring to place blame on everybody else.

The Florida judicial system is the second largest revenue generator for the state after tourism so even after doing the time and if parole is still involved it is easy to get sent back.
    Last edited by Richard; June-16-17 at 12:20 PM.

I thought our court system was immune to public lobbying ----geeeeesh

Should we """try"" and """convict"" everyone on the internet ?

Funny, when Obozo was commuting all of the drug sentences, he missed this one.

Why does anyone care about this?

Maybe he was small-time, but by all accounts he hasn't been a model prisoner.

Seems like we more want to be convinced that the justice system is corrupt from top-to-bottom -- and can conspire to keep someone locked up for decades. I'm not so sure they're that smart.

I still don't care about this.... but since many do... looks like he has been paroled:

Mlive:
    After spending 29 years in prison, the Michigan Parole Board on Friday voted to release former teen drug dealer and FBI informant Richard Wershe Jr. on parole.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast