Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    I still don't care about this.... but since many do... looks like he has been paroled:

Mlive:
    After spending 29 years in prison, the Michigan Parole Board on Friday voted to release former teen drug dealer and FBI informant Richard Wershe Jr. on parole.
    I honestly think the most intrigue is due to the fact he was a juvenile, he was an informant, and dealing got him life without parole. The fact that rapists and murderers get lighter sentences than that adds to the intrigue around this guy. I agree with the parole board, 30 years in prison for a non-violent crime is a hell of a long time and he should be paroled. Hopefully that time in there has changed him and he can life the next half of his life in a productive manner.

You guys remember when Tim Allen got busted with 1.43 lbs of coke and only served about 2 years?

Quote Originally Posted by KJ5 View Post
    You guys remember when Tim Allen got busted with 1.43 lbs of coke and only served about 2 years?
    So some star gets 'star' treatment... this story tells us anything about Wershe and the justice of his treatment?

Probably tells us more about Allen.

"I know that the drugs I sold destroyed people's lives," Wershe said at a parole hearing in June, but said he's a changed man and will not present any harm to society if released.

Finally,that is all they wanted to hear.

They could care less about conspiracies real or not,sometimes it is better to bite ones tongue,tell them what they want to hear and continue the fight on the outside where it is easier.

Florida is a police state that loves to keep people on the books,so still has a long ways to go,with paper.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ5 View Post

Miami in the 80s you could get busted with 10 kilos and get laughed at,tons were being flown into Homestead Air Force base to fund Sandinista rebels,nobody went to jail over that either.

Power,money and lots of luck buys freedom,not much justice out there and the prisons would probably be half the population,if some could afford a good attorney.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    So some star gets 'star' treatment... this story tells us anything about Wershe and the justice of his treatment?

Probably tells us more about Allen.
    He wasn't a star then; he was a college-aged kid in K-Zoo. He turned state's evidence on other dealers he knew and took a plea

Soooo what is the "proper" sentence for a couple of kilos of "substance" with intent to distribute ? The message I see being sent out to the public, drugs should not get harsh/long sentences. **** Now if we shot/executed/killed drug pushers via capital punishment within 6 months of sentencing - a different message would get out to the public.

Quote Originally Posted by O3H View Post
    Soooo what is the "proper" sentence for a couple of kilos of "substance" with intent to distribute ? The message I see being sent out to the public, drugs should not get harsh/long sentences. **** Now if we shot/executed/killed drug pushers via capital punishment within 6 months of sentencing - a different message would get out to the public.
    All that's been tried before. Back in the 60's, various States had extreme sentences for drug possession/distribution and it did little to discourage it other than filling prison cells. One I recall was TX, life imprisonment for possession of a single joint. [[marahoochi cigarette)

Kill, via shooting the felons, does not fill prisons - it empties them out.

Why should we [[society) give 3 hots and a cot, to a felon for 30 years ?.

Keep it simple, - get caught with a kilo - the state kills you in 6 months. Can 't find evidence in 6 months to exonerate yourself, bye, bye. NEXT asshole please, and so on down the line. Streamline the whole thing for efficiency and cost.

I would have zero remorse at drug dealers eliminated from society by force. No supply, a whole less demand.
    Last edited by O3H; July-16-17 at 01:11 PM.

Keep it simple, - get caught with a kilo - the state kills you in 6 months.

I would have zero remorse at drug dealers eliminated from society by force. No supply, a whole less demand.
    Sort of like ISIS and the Saudis, right? Public Beheadings? Think of all the money saved on courts and legislatures and silly things like Constitutions.

Or why even bother going that far? Just shoot'em as they're 'trying to escape'. Or maybe take them down to Mistersky and dump'em in the river. Wouldn't be the first time that happened would it Ray?

I've been thinking about how much has changed in Detroit since Rick Wershe went to jail in 1987. Foremost among them is the population decline, but I also imagine he would be struck by his old neighborhood and the loss of buildings it has surely suffered in the intervening years. What do you think are the biggest changes to the city since 1987, and which will strike him the most when he again walks Detroit's streets?

Quote Originally Posted by 1953 View Post
    I've been thinking about how much has changed in Detroit since Rick Wershe went to jail in 1987. Foremost among them is the population decline, but I also imagine he would be struck by his old neighborhood and the loss of buildings it has surely suffered in the intervening years. What do you think are the biggest changes to the city since 1987, and which will strike him the most when he again walks Detroit's streets?
    How did they hide the war that devastated Detroit from me? What was the war about?

Keep it simple, - get caught with a kilo - the state kills you in 6 months. Can 't find evidence in 6 months to exonerate yourself, bye, bye. NEXT asshole please, and so on down the line. Streamline the whole thing for efficiency and cost.

Fairly extreme there, don't you think? There's a thing called due process in this country, kinda makes it a good place to live. Consider the hundreds of people exonerated over the years because DNA technology has proven their innocence who were serving Life.

And I'm pretty sure you have the last part ass backward. You eliminate little fish dealing drugs on the street or middle men, it does nothing. They just keep on sending them back out into the streets. The supply doesn't dry up in that scenario, unless you are somehow eliminating drug kingpins in Colombia or Costa Rica. Good luck with that. And if there wasn't any demand for their product in this country, they wouldn't be shipping it here now would they? Obviously the demand is very healthy in the USA and taking out a few street dealers isn't going to put a dent in that problem.

Philippine president Duterte,if you see a drug dealer on the corner shoot them.

Opens up a whole new realm,do not like somebody,just say you saw them selling drugs and they are carted off to prison or shot on site,or you could just shoot them and throw a few crack rocks at their feet and walk away.

The drug business pumps billions into the economy every year,make a few public high profile busts to justify fighting and funding a war that creates job security and appeases the public that thinks something is being done about it.

Either we have capital punishment in the usa or we don't. I say use it upon BIG drug dealers caught with a kilo or more of hard stuff.

The problem with that is we are past the 80s and 90s ,now it is all about opiates,pills,meth, heroin which has been around for a long time and they still have not been able to stop that.

1 oxy in a prescription bottle with no name on it,is an automatic 5 years.

It is actually hard to find crack in the hood anymore,here anyways.

All of these pharmaceutical company's that cannot come up with a drug that gets somebody high without side effects?

When I was growing up in Minnesota,pot was decriminalized and you could get caught with up to 1/4 lb and as long as it was for personal consumption,but if you had a scale or baggies with you it was dealing and you went to jail.

In Fl not to long ago if they found one pot seed in your car it was confiscated and you went to jail.

This country needs to rethink this whole drug thing because throwing everybody in prison is not the answer.

There are cities proposing that overdose calls will be a no go for emergency services so that would eliminate a lot I guess,same here no more transportation,if you OD EMS will give you a shot of narcon and leave.

So O3H what you are proposing is actually kinda already in effect.
    Last edited by Richard; July-17-17 at 03:01 PM.

Either we have capital punishment in the usa or we don't. I say use it upon BIG drug dealers caught with a kilo or more of hard stuff.
    About 20 states don't even have capital punishment.... Michigan not since the 1840s.

I would be HAPPY to turn on the news and hear - 6 fatally shot bastard scumsucking drug dealers in Detroit today - Hurray !!!

I don't give a damn about the death count in the Middle East, or Israel, etc. etc. I want to hear about the War on Drugs.

Death Count - New York, Newark, Detroit, Chicago, Los Angelas, etc. etc.

Winning a War means killing people, right ? Found with kilos of hard nacotics, blam, blam, bye, bye.

Bullets cheap, courts/lawyers expensive.

Efficient, practical, cost effective, Hurray!!

Make a choice to involve yourself with drugs, fine, okay - We made a choice to eliminate your kind from society, suck it up, druggies.

Why don't we start by killing off your profile on your here. Keep it simple, get caught with a stupid ignorant string of negative comments, the moderator kills your profile in six minutes.

Go for it - It's my opinion
    We paid 25+ years, 3 hots & cot for Rick

Add it up, what did taxpayers pay??

I'll estimate for you $ 35,000/year

Damn near 1 Million Dollars
    for this drug dealer to sit around
    Last edited by O3H; July-17-17 at 05:42 PM.

Go for it - It's my opinion
    We paid 25+ years, 3 hots & cot for Rick

Add it up, what did taxpayers pay??

I'll estimate for you $ 35,000/year

Damn near 1 Million Dollars
    for this drug dealer to sit around

And I respect your opinion. I just think it is a bit harsh. That is somebody's son, brother, father, grandfather you are referring to.

They made a CHOICE to do drugs, handle drugs, distribute drugs, etc.

Society should harshly crush that choice with penalty of LOSS of Life. Simple, direct, without wishy washy sidesteppin' nothing.

Be part of a productive society, or not.
    I have no sympathy for those that steal for a drug habit, mug, carjack, etc., etc.
    If you don't contribute, you are a parasite, a leach, something to be killed, gotten rid of.

It boils down to choice - and consequences.

If you handle kilos worth of hard narcotics, you choose to put your life on the line. So be it, BOOM, bye, bye, next up, please, - and so on down the line.
    Last edited by O3H; July-17-17 at 07:07 PM.

Society should harshly crush that choice with penalty of LOSS of Life. Simple, direct, without wishy washy sidesteppin' nothing.
    But what if a different approach would yield BETTER results for society? What if we decriminalized weed and gave lighter sentences for non-violent crimes and it resulted in less people in jail, less crime, and more in-tact families.

Early intervention and education yields big results, especially when you look at the cost of locking some of these folks up for decades.

They made a CHOICE to do drugs, handle drugs, distribute drugs, etc.

Be part of a productive society, or not.
    I have no sympathy for those that steal for a drug habit, mug, carjack, etc., etc.
    If you don't contribute, you are a parasite, a leach, something to be killed, gotten rid of.

It boils down to choice - and consequences.

If you handle kilos worth of hard narcotics, you choose to put your life on the line. So be it, BOOM, bye, bye, next up, please, - and so on down the line.
    Now maybe we should extend that to other crimes; such as the banksters who stole from everyone as they tanked the economy a few years back. Perhaps "get rid of" a few corrupt CEO leaches? But of course in our society, there are no real consequences for those at the top.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast