Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    It appears that the Governor is pressing forward with the new bridge efforts and while I may not agree with him on other issues, he gets my kudos on this one.

I am not optimistic of agreement happening this year with Mr. Moroun being able to throw his millions in opposition at the current legislature in an election year.

What really needs to done is the development of an advocacy group for the new bridge. One would think that with many potential winners in the construction industry and labor unions one would develop. The sentiment is there, there is just nothing to coalesce it.
    There is an advocacy group. It's called the Corrigan Group. They've been spending money just like Matty has been during the entire process. In many ways, they're the ones who manufactured all of this controversy. In the beginning, everyone, the City of Detroit, Windsor, M-DOT, and both federal governments were all on board with Matty's plans for a second span. The Corrigan Group spent a ton of money securing a no bid contract to do the DRIC study and have been engineering things behind the scenes ever since.

While we may like to see this as a Matty is the bad guy issue. It's really just a fight between parties with large sums of money trying to make even larger sums of money. The biggest difference here is that the Corrigan Group is trying to get the public to pay for their bridge, lock stock and barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by kraig View Post
    There is an advocacy group. It's called the Corrigan Group. They've been spending money just like Matty has been during the entire process. In many ways, they're the ones who manufactured all of this controversy. In the beginning, everyone, the City of Detroit, Windsor, M-DOT, and both federal governments were all on board with Matty's plans for a second span. The Corrigan Group spent a ton of money securing a no bid contract to do the DRIC study and have been engineering things behind the scenes ever since.

While we may like to see this as a Matty is the bad guy issue. It's really just a fight between parties with large sums of money trying to make even larger sums of money. The biggest difference here is that the Corrigan Group is trying to get the public to pay for their bridge, lock stock and barrel.
    sorry but this is complete non-sense

Quote Originally Posted by wardwood View Post
    sorry but this is complete non-sense
    Please explain why it's nonsense [[no hyphen). Every statement in the first paragraph is a documented fact. As far as the second paragraph goes, that's my opinion, but it's not without merit. Except for the part about the Corrigan Group [[feel free to look them up) trying to get the public to foot the bill for them. That's not only a fact, it's their stock in trade.

There is an advocacy group. It's called the Corrigan Group.
    Tell me more about this 'Corrigan Group'. I am aware of a real [[tm) engineering and planning firm working on the bridge planning and prep work. But their name is more Italian, less Irish.

They've been spending money just like Matty has been during the entire process. In many ways, they're the ones who manufactured all of this controversy. In the beginning, everyone, the City of Detroit, Windsor, M-DOT, and both federal governments were all on board with Matty's plans for a second span. The Corrigan Group spent a ton of money securing a no bid contract to do the DRIC study and have been engineering things behind the scenes ever since.

You are confusing cause and effect. The state and DIBC had a fallin out back while DeSana was the MDOT director.

And yes, there has been some engineering going on in the background. http://www.partnershipborderstudy.co...%20PPTnews.pdf

This 'nefarious' group has even managed to put a former employee on the state legislature. That's the kind of influence the 'Corrigan Group' has. [[Note, that is sarcasm. The current state rep has been involved in the community beyond his professional work. I could imagine him getting elected had he worked at PB, HNTB, Parson, OHM, SD, URS, Somat, et al.)