Quote Originally Posted by Barbara_10 View Post
...This is off topic, but the government should be spending less than they take in, as we all must do, to reduce the debt and stay on budget. I disagree with parts of your statement that refer to Social Security and Medicare as government spending. Those were trusts to be kept separate from the government's general funds. The people that are recieving those benefits [[not entitlements) paid into them for many years, and are still having about $100. a month taken out of their Social Security checks to help fund Medicare. Plus Supplemental insurance premiums to pay for the 20% that Medicare doesn't cover. There is an $1,100. deductable to be admitted to a hospital. Then there is the premium for Medicare Part D. The trust was working until the government decided to 'borrow' from it and fill the box with IOU's.
Granted the government does "spend" for the military.
Sorry for the rant.
Now back on topic. Any one that believes that the "borrowed" money from Canada will be paid back with tolls is dreaming. The taxpayer WILL be stuck with the bill.
Great honest post from the heart.

I don't think its necessary for the bill to be paid back. Infrastructure investment that improves the economy should be government funded -- that is paid for by all for the benefit of all.

So I don't know what 'stuck with the bill' means.

By the way, who was stuck with the bill for the 'Gateway' project at the Ambassador Bridge? Or the cost of the 696/275 interchange?