Quote Originally Posted by cmubryan View Post
If a new chain comes in there, it just won't be as fitting. The place is a classic Hyatt Regency. With it's contemporary design and open atrium concept no other chain would seem right. It would be like renaming the Westin Book Cadillac, the Hilton Book Cadillac. The place was rebuilt to perfectly fit in with Westin's standards. Perhaps this isn't even as much of a good comparison as I am trying to communicate.

Lets just hope that if a new chain comes in, it's a quality chain. I could live with a Starwood chain, or even Marriott or Hilton. Heaven forbid it become something like a Wyndham or Ramada. Those chains are typically the "downward spiral" chains when a once decent, quality hotel becomes a rundown, lower-end establishment. I would rather see the place close and converted to something else then watch it die like a lot of the Southfield highrise hotels that are now closed and abandoned.
Better a Ramada than a Motel 6! Too many amenities in this place to go too far downscale. They do a signifigant amount of business with small conventions as they have lots of ballroom and breakout session space.