Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    I realize that Hyatt's trademark has been soaring lobbies and that besides the RenCen, no other Detroit area hotel fits the bill.
    Actually there are numerous Hyatts withoput soaring lobbies, i.e. Fisherman's Wharf and in Santa Rosa. However, none in MI that I know of.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpeteer View Post
    Actually there are numerous Hyatts withoput soaring lobbies, i.e. Fisherman's Wharf and in Santa Rosa. However, none in MI that I know of.
    Hyatt Regency Deaborn is the only Hyatt Regency in the state.

The "Regency" brand hotels are typically the Hyatts that contain the open atrium lobbys. The new hotels that become branded as Regencys are not containing the atriums any more. I get the feeling that the open atrium lobby concept is becoming dated in terms of hotel design. I personally love them and am in awe every time I go to a Hyatt that contains one. Hyatt Regency Atlanta was the first atrium hotel in the world and is still a Hyatt Regency today.

I realized there was something wrong several months ago when I was able to book a room there on Hotwire for $69.00

I think the main issue is that in downtown Detroit we got [[4) 4 star hotels, that we didn't have several years ago...

Book Cadillac
    MGM Grand
    Motor City
    Greek Town

Between those [[4) Hotels downtown there is atleast 1500 rooms. For the exception of the MGM Grand, you can usually book a room at any of these hotels for around $100 per night. There is simply not enough people visiting Detroit to fill a convention center like the Hyatt.

But the hotel will survive, it just won't be named the Hyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by cmubryan View Post
    Hyatt Regency Atlanta was the first atrium hotel in the world and is still a Hyatt Regency today.
    and the restaurant, Polaris, is still open and doing quite well. That blue dome USED to be the tallest structure in DT Atlanta.