Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
Is it me or is Radisson becoming like Ramada, Days Inn, or HoJo's, a brand that hotels become on their way down. Whats next Motel 6?

One example I can think of right off the Bat is the Ponchartrain.

Incidentally, the Pontch work is going strong they have a row of windows out in the NE corner, my assumption is that they use that for getting rid of major old junk.
I think Radisson used to be more of a "downward spiral" chain but in my opinion they have improved their facilities and reputation. There was a beautiful Radisson Blu hotel opening up in downtown Chicago when I was there last year. Also the Radisson Hotel on Woodward Ave in Bloomfield Hills is a pretty decent place from what I know. This used to be the Kingsley Hotel.

Back in the day, the Book Cadillac was a Radisson after Sheraton dumped the hotel in the late 1970s. Also, ironically the Hyatt Regency Flint became the Radisson Riverfront Hotel circa 1990 after Hyatt dumped the hotel. Once again, I think things have changed and Radisson no longer just managed "the leftovers" of the higher end chain hotels once they don't want to manage them any more.