Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Hey Daddeo,

I lived on the corner of Whitcomb and Lyndon. The area surrounding GR & G was my stomping ground from 1951 until 1962; ages 7 - 18. At that time it was all anyone could hope for in terms of liveability, opportunity, and boyhood adventure. I can't even begin to describe what a blast we had runnin that hood. Went to Burns elementary, St. Marys of Redford, and Cooley. I thank you for this thread and will follow it to see if anyone can come up with any photos. I belong to Facebook pages:"The Old Neighborhood 48227/48228". You should check it out cuz there's a few photos there. I have 2 older brothers and 2 older sisters who I'll ask for any photos they may have.
    Hang loose and keep up the good work on this, ok?

Bob

Thanks Bob. I was over on Winthrop by Kendall from 1951 to 1978. I've gone back and took photos of what's left every so often. Except for old LIkers, Cunninghams, Wards, Federals and shells of Crowley, Kresge and Penny's bldg not much is left to see.
    Except for Cunningham's bldg, that whole NW block has disappeared.