Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

RIP Mr. Dally. I would that we could find out who did this. I doubt DPD will be able to solve this. Hopefully, the store has cameras and a license plate can be read.

Might we increase our welfare state to a European level so that fewer people live this way? Are these rock bottom taxes and lifetime welfare limits worth it? Humanity discourages and encourages with near equal force.

Quote Originally Posted by laphoque View Post
    Might we increase our welfare state to a European level so that fewer people live this way?
    People in the US freaked when unemployment hit 9%. In France, the second largest economy in Europe, 9% is the *average* Germany, the largest economy, is in the same ballpark - around 8%. The average in the mean old US during the same time period was 5-6%, which is pretty close to the natural rate [[which I believe is around 4%)

If you are for an extensive welfare system, then you must be OK with relatively high unemployment. You can't make it expensive to pay someone to work, give people money to not work, then expect low unemployment.