Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Buy American Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    I haven't been to a Tigers game since the early 80s, but I'm pretty sure it cost more than that then, without the beer. And that was in the bleachers.

This is news?
    No, not news.. but it makes my blood boil.

April 26, 2012 1:15 PM

Detroit may have some of the nation's least-expensive real estate, but baseball fans in the Motor City are paying the highest prices in the U.S. [[and Toronto) when they buy a beer at a Detroit Tigers game.

At $8.75 for a small beer, visitors to Comerica Park pay the most for a small beer, according to a new round-up by TheStreet.com. That's $.75 more than the price charged by the runner-up, Marlins Park, where the newly renamed Miami Marlins where their flashy uniforms.
    http://consumerist.com/2012/04/which...iest-beer.html

Anything over $4 for a 12 Oz beer is a ripoff.

That report was totally incorrect:

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&...GXp1OuLPJEMVxQ

It's only a "rip off" IF you choose to buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Occurrence View Post
    Umm, no. I have been to quite a few bars in my time. I can't remember one of them offering anywhere near $8.50 for a watered down lite beer.
    Um, yes. $8.50 is the price for a 24oz. beer. Let me do the math for you since you obviously can't...that's $4.25 for a single 12oz. beer. A lot of clubs sell a bottle of beer for at least $3.50, some even more so the price is not that high for a special event. But hey, if $.75 more per beer keeps you away from Comerica, all the better.

I haven't been to a Tigers game since the early 80s, but I'm pretty sure it cost more than that then, without the beer. And that was in the bleachers.
    Maybe if you had been to a game within the last 25 years, you would know what the hell you're talking about. Skyline seats are $5 and you could get the Tigers value meal with a hot dog, chips and a Pepsi for $5. Then you could get a value beer for $5 all for a grand total of $15. Or maybe you want to live a little and get an upper reserved seat for $14 a $5 beer and hot dog for $2.75. That still comes to a grand total of $21.75 so if that doesn't seem reasonable to you, stay away for another 25 years for all I care.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitrobert View Post
    stay away for another 25 years for all I care.
    GHau-RON-Teeeed.

Since they desecrated Tiger Stadium, I would NEVER attend another Tigers game. No matter what.

As a Tiger fan,Jew and fourm member,let me put my two cents in.This has really bugged me all weekend.Who cares how much much a beer cost,or any of the crap they try to sell you at a sporting event.You don't like the price,don't buy it.You don't care for Comerica Park,don't go.
    The issue at hand is Delmon Young and his asshat display in NY.He should be made to go out to to wall at the ball park and pray on his kids souls that the Tigers,MLB and the New York attorneys office will let him run around in a uniform again.While he is there he should look up for a second and see the names Greenberg and Robinson.And think for a minute who they were,what they had to put up with ,and how his sorry ass is going to make this right.Greenberg having to put up with anti-semites in the 1930s and then Jackie having to put up with bigoted crackers in the 1940s is lost on this tool.No wonder the Twins got rid of his drunk ass.
    Thanks for letting me spill my guts.If he comes back,I will switch channels when he comes up.If I'm listening to the radio,I'll change stations.If I'm at the ball game,I'll go piss when he comes to bat.Too much crap in the world goes on and worry about fucks like this.Let him go.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitrobert View Post
    Um, yes. $8.50 is the price for a 24oz. beer. Let me do the math for you since you obviously can't...that's $4.25 for a single 12oz. beer. A lot of clubs sell a bottle of beer for at least $3.50, some even more so the price is not that high for a special event. But hey, if $.75 more per beer keeps you away from Comerica, all the better.

Maybe if you had been to a game within the last 25 years, you would know what the hell you're talking about. Skyline seats are $5 and you could get the Tigers value meal with a hot dog, chips and a Pepsi for $5. Then you could get a value beer for $5 all for a grand total of $15. Or maybe you want to live a little and get an upper reserved seat for $14 a $5 beer and hot dog for $2.75. That still comes to a grand total of $21.75 so if that doesn't seem reasonable to you, stay away for another 25 years for all I care.
    Minus the beers, add some fries and frozen lemonades, tack on a few bucks for the "nice" seats, add in a couple carousel rides, add parking because you don't want your minivan's stereo to get jacked, times it all by 3-5 or so and then tell me those of us trying to have a reasonable night out with the family watching a hack job, over-hyped, apparently hung over, better on paper than in the field, losing team play is all worth it? I'll wait until they are winning. I'll take the fam to seasame street this year before a tiger's game. Not sure if you have ever been to one of those events but they screw you just as hard with the merch. and food but at least everyone leaves with a smile.

I am purposely turning myself into a bandwagon fan this season.

Quote Originally Posted by luckycar View Post
    ...He should be made to go out to to wall at the ball park and pray on his kids souls that the Tigers,MLB and the New York attorneys office will let him run around in a uniform again.While he is there he should look up for a second and see the names Greenberg and Robinson.And think for a minute who they were,what they had to put up with ,and how his sorry ass is going to make this right.Greenberg having to put up with anti-semites in the 1930s and then Jackie having to put up with bigoted crackers in the 1940s is lost on this tool.....
    not too mention the guy who signs his pay check.

Young admits his Alcoholism, asks for help. MLB/Team accept him back, offer treatment, conditions, etc.
    Fact is, lots of folks say/do stoopid shit under the influence...he's not the first, or the only.

As a Tiger fan,Jew and fourm member,let me put my two cents in.This has really bugged me all weekend.Who cares how much much a beer cost,or any of the crap they try to sell you at a sporting event.You don't like the price,don't buy it.You don't care for Comerica Park,don't go.
    The issue at hand is Delmon Young and his asshat display in NY.He should be made to go out to to wall at the ball park and pray on his kids souls that the Tigers,MLB and the New York attorneys office will let him run around in a uniform again.While he is there he should look up for a second and see the names Greenberg and Robinson.And think for a minute who they were,what they had to put up with ,and how his sorry ass is going to make this right.Greenberg having to put up with anti-semites in the 1930s and then Jackie having to put up with bigoted crackers in the 1940s is lost on this tool.No wonder the Twins got rid of his drunk ass.
    Thanks for letting me spill my guts.If he comes back,I will switch channels when he comes up.If I'm listening to the radio,I'll change stations.If I'm at the ball game,I'll go piss when he comes to bat.Too much crap in the world goes on and worry about fucks like this.Let him go.
    Really, the f***ing Jews part and it sends you to this?
    What kind of life experiences have you had, and please no historical references.

Hmm. Instead of going piss considering buying into my group ticket deal. We will buy seats in the first row of the outfield, or third base line near the outfield. We will then collectively taunt Delmon Young until tears roll down his face on national television. You in? If we buy enough tickets it comes with a free beer...save your ass $8.50.

-Socks

Yes the fucking Jew part sent me to this,Signman.My life experience as a Jew tells me that my radar must always be on to this kind of hatred.I'll leave the historical references to the 6 million to explain.
    Can't an observant Jew be a street person/panhandler/bum without some overpaid,overweight,underpreforming shitwad getting in his grill?He is no good,his brother was no damm good and its reflecting on his upbringing.
    I hope he gets suspended for 10 games and the money he is fined goes to help those who are out on the street at 2:30am looking for some help.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2