Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Brandon Inge released by Tigers

Brandon Inge released after today's game.
    http://www.freep.com/article/2012042...text|FRONTPAGE

I just saw this. Very predictable.

I was at the game on Tuesday and Inge was getting heckled the entire time. Even after he hit a long shot to the gap and scored a run on the ensuing hit, people were all over him.

Quote Originally Posted by TKshreve View Post
    I just saw this. Very predictable.

I was at the game on Tuesday and Inge was getting heckled the entire time. Even after he hit a long shot to the gap and scored a run on the ensuing hit, people were all over him.
    It was inevitable.Coincidence the Tigers started to not hit and play terribly when he returned from the groin injury? I don't know but I can't imagine it helped.

I liked Inge and still do but it was [[past) time for him to go.

Danny Worth can't catch a break. Once again, just when he thinks he has a roster spot, this journeyman Eldred gets hot. I suspect Eldred will be up for 2-3 weeks to try to jumpstart the offense until he proves again he can't hit major league pitching. Another slugger who strikes out is not the solution. Hopefully now Santiago gets the ab's against righties and starts two thirds of the games.
    As for Inge, it somehow feels his limited talent was never used properly by the Tigers. He could he been a valuable utility guy in the NL. On the other hand he had a pretty decent career, getting paid like a solid starter. Not bad for a guy who never learned to read, much less hit, a breaking ball.

Late breaking news*******Inge resigned after Young arrest..........Just joking

Apparently Inge is signing with the A's to replace the injured Scott Sizemore. I'm sure Sizemore's job will be secure when he returns but heck this guy chases ex-Tigers across the country to get their jobs.

No surprise. Remember when he was in the home run derby and didn't hit one? lol. Overrated his entire career. Surely he will land in the Minors somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by jwmann2 View Post
    No surprise. Remember when he was in the home run derby and didn't hit one? lol. Overrated his entire career. Surely he will land in the Minors somewhere.
    I think a coaching job may be in his future as opposed to playing.