Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

I'm happy with Hansen Clarke as my congressman, and would gladly vote for him again, but it looks like I've been drawn out of his district.

Quote Originally Posted by antongast View Post
    I'm happy with Hansen Clarke as my congressman, and would gladly vote for him again, but it looks like I've been drawn out of his district.
    Locally, state-wide, and nationally -- redistricting needs to de-politicized. Needs to be just random in some manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    Locally, state-wide, and nationally -- redistricting needs to de-politicized. Needs to be just random in some manner.
    Truth.....

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    If I made the rules, I would make political districts blindly with a goal of being as physically compact as possibe. By blindly, I mean use strictly Census data on population. No regard for race, politcal party registration, economics, etc. When you take anything beyond population into account, you open up arguments [[some with merit)- endless arguments- about why certain people should be or should not be grouped together. The average US Congressional district's population is +/- 700K. That's the population of Detroit. Our whole city should be a contiguous district.