Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Hybrid View

Default Race relations in Alabama set back 20 years

Discuss the weapon system safety overrides.
    http://forums.somd.com/politics/2458...irsty-mob.html

http://www2.wkrg.com/news/2012/apr/2...480-vi-127862/

Pretty disturbing act of mob violence down in the good ol south, oddly enough the local news reporter referred to the attack of 20 men women and children against one unarmed man as an "accident or event". I wonder if this gets charged as a hate crime. After the man was beaten to within an inch of his life one of the attackers yelled out that it was "Justice for Trayvon". We are so far from racial harmony on this planet that I don't really think based on human nature that things will ever really change to where things like this stop happening. I wonder if Jesse J and Sharpton will get involved....

This is pretty awful. And Trayvon's name just gets dragged through the mud for senseless acts like this. Time in prison and 10,000 hours of community service seems fitting punishment to me. Keep in mind, they said they came back with adults to cause this scene.

What this have to do with race relations in Detroit?

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    What this have to do with race relations in Detroit?
    Not a Darn thing, I posted it as related to race relation in general, which I have had a interest in since my days of growing up and living in Detroit during the 60s 70s and 80's. Hope I didn't waste any precious space on the forum by posting it...thanks for your thoughts Danny.

That's a damn shame. Hopefully, those responsible we'll be brought to justice and receive a suitable punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by EASTSIDE CAT 67-83 View Post
    Not a Darn thing, I posted it as related to race relation in general, which I have had a interest in since my days of growing up and living in Detroit during the 60s 70s and 80's. Hope I didn't waste any precious space on the forum by posting it...thanks for your thoughts Danny.
    I think his point is that this belongs in the Non-Detroit issues section.

Quote Originally Posted by EASTSIDE CAT 67-83 View Post
    Discuss the weapon system safety overrides.
    http://forums.somd.com/politics/2458...irsty-mob.html

http://www2.wkrg.com/news/2012/apr/2...480-vi-127862/

Pretty disturbing act of mob violence down in the good ol south, oddly enough the local news reporter referred to the attack of 20 men women and children against one unarmed man as an "accident or event". I wonder if this gets charged as a hate crime. After the man was beaten to within an inch of his life one of the attackers yelled out that it was "Justice for Trayvon". We are so far from racial harmony on this planet that I don't really think based on human nature that things will ever really change to where things like this stop happening. I wonder if Jesse J and Sharpton will get involved....
    If there's a TV camera within a mile of Jesse Jackson he will manage to get his two cents in!!!!

This attack sounds like it is the result of an ongoing neighborhood dispute. Some guy yelling out something about Trayvon Martin doesn't make it any more than that.

Ejames01
    I agree with you that it was most likely a thoughtless comment said in rage that was not directly related to the attack, but I think the unfortunate byproduct may be what the media or others may do with it to further inflame the situation.

ah...I agree, I should have put a little more thought into selecting the right forum. Thanks all