Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Anyone see the Naked Guy out for a run on Mack?

Too much doom and gloom on these boards these days. Therefore I am offering this interesting news article.

http://www.freep.com/article/2012042...text|FRONTPAGE

Too much doom and gloom? The guy was on meth, a very dangerous drug. I think this is pretty unfortunate, but if you think that's funny then well I don't know what to say to you.

Ah c'mon, there's nothing quite so hilarious - and alleviating of that doom and gloom - as out-of-control substance abuse and its consequences.

Perhaps some of that good ol' heroin addict humor, or just some yuks at some of those wacky down and out alcoholics, would brighten your day and lighten up your outlook.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    Too much doom and gloom on these boards these days. Therefore I am offering this interesting news article.

http://www.freep.com/article/2012042...text|FRONTPAGE
    And seeing a man's hairy ass is "positive" how again?

Naked man running amok in Richville. Once you take meth [[ the hippie wonder drug) you will under its devilish electric kool aid psychodelic spell.

When I first came across this article there was nothing about meth in it. It reminded me of a scene in the movie, old school.

A naked woman would've been much lighter....drugs or no drugs.

What is it about a mans junk that turns so many people away? LOL

When I first came across this article there was nothing about meth in it. It reminded me of a scene in the movie, old school.
    Ah ok, well the news is like that. They say certain things to grab people's attention and leave out the facts until there's more info.

There was a brief article the other day "Man electrocuted when urinating on tracks". It sounded like one of those third rail urban legends. Turns out the guy had intended to use the bathroom near the tracks, tripped and fell on the third rail and died from

Ah ok, well the news is like that. They say certain things to grab people's attention and leave out the facts until there's more info.

There was a brief article the other day "Man electrocuted when urinating on tracks". It sounded like one of those third rail urban legends. Turns out the guy had intended to use the bathroom near the tracks, tripped and fell on the third rail and died. Guy was an ex-marine with everything going for him.

The tone of the comments on the article were completely different and sympathetic the next day.

Was he robbed? Probably not as he had no pockets....

He really made an ass out of himself...

And yes, I have zero sympathy for drug users. It's their choice to use drugs, and it's also their choice to deal with the consequences. If one of those consequences is that you run naked up Mack Avenue, then so be it.

"Hand over the morning glory seeds, dude."

Reminds me of a cheesy 70's song, The Streak.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtzoUu7w-YM

Quote Originally Posted by 48091 View Post
    He really made an ass out of himself...

And yes, I have zero sympathy for drug users. It's their choice to use drugs, and it's also their choice to deal with the consequences. If one of those consequences is that you run naked up Mack Avenue, then so be it.
    Problem is his consequence wasn't anything big. Public embarassment...not that big of deal..people will forget it. What I find serious here is that an individual had been released that could have provided valuable information as to where he bought the drugs or where they were produced. Meth isn't just dangerous for the users, but the whole community.

Quote Originally Posted by wolverine View Post
    Problem is his consequence wasn't anything big. Public embarassment...not that big of deal..people will forget it. What I find serious here is that an individual had been released that could have provided valuable information as to where he bought the drugs or where they were produced. Meth isn't just dangerous for the users, but the whole community.
    I'm sure there's some punishment that can be applied in this situation..............let me check the Michigan Penal Code. [[Let the groans begin).

Quote Originally Posted by FredGarvin View Post
    let me check the Michigan Penal Code. [[Let the groans begin).
    LOL, thanks Fred, I needed that laugh tonight.

I think this is the important nugget of info in the article:
    A 29-year-old man from Livonia created quite a stir in Grosse Pointe Woods Monday afternoon.

Yet again, we have a problem with Livonia[[and those people) on these boards!

I saw a naked guy last year about this time running/stumbling through Rouge Park [[on Outer Drive just north of Warren Ave). The police dispatcher didn't believe me. She asked me to describe what he was wearing. I asked her what about naked did she not understand? In that area of Rouge Park, I didn't know if he was down in the bushes with another person and got jacked for his clothes or was in trouble or what. Another day in the D, driving to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej[COLOR=#2C2C2C
    Yet again, we have a problem with Livonia[[and those people) on these boards!
    [/COLOR]
    LOL, those Livonia people need to stay on THEIR side of 8-Mile.

Quote Originally Posted by mikefmich View Post
    A naked woman would've been much lighter....drugs or no drugs.

What is it about a mans junk that turns so many people away? LOL

I remember back in the late 70's maybe early 80's when a naked woman walked down Cook and then down Chalfonte. then broke into an occupied house one day. When you are a kid you remember stories like that.