Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

"...too few school police..." Perhaps the most telling statement about the differences between inner city schools and "outer-burb" schools and how the education system has completely and utterly failed.

The only police presence I felt during school was the annual visit by McGruff the crime dog and Officer Friendly.

Granted I went to school way out in the country and it was xx years ago.

Is it the school district's fault that they have a student body that needs to be policed? No, but they're still forced to manage this growing mass of unmotivated students on a daily basis. You cannot teach what is not willing to be learned.

How much of a monster would I appear to be if I suggested that we no longer make school mandatory for those under the age of 18?
    Last edited by hamtown mike; April-25-12 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hamtown mike View Post

How much of a monster would I appear to be if I suggested that we no longer make school mandatory for those under the age of 18?

Perhaps we need to change the definition of school. Money motivates these kids, teach them something vocational. School should still be mandatory, but maybe instead of greek history they can [[at least just have the option) to learn to be a machinist or arc-welder.

Quote Originally Posted by hamtown mike View Post
    Not one at all. As a matter of fact that should be a subject for serious discussion.