Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by rjk View Post
    Birmingham grapples with local idiot should be the headline.
    Her kids are smart enough to turn a doorknob, but they can't figure out how to put a piece of metal in the center of it?

I'm amazed by the number of people I know that will knowingly leave their unlocked car in their driveway. As far as people leaving their keys in their car, do they do this because they have a habit of losing their keys? I don't get it.
    Yes! This lady needs a reality check... and not tie her standards for what comprises safety [[and corresponding stupidty) to 1950's Leave it to Beaver re-runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Flintoid View Post
    So in the last few weeks we've seen the brutal family homicide in Farmington, a homicide in Southfield, a triple homicide in Redford Township, and this article. Perhaps people will realize that it's your own common sense that decides how at risk you are, not the fact that you may have a Detroit zip code.
    I was 100% behind this, and am still at 99%, but I live in Redford and I just read an article where they have a suspect in custody for the break-in and murders. One of the [[survivors) who lives at the crime scene says she knows the suspect from the neighborhood they used to live in in Detroit. Not sure where I'm going with this, but I was a little disturbed/awakened to see that the suspect was from their old neighborhood. Guess I have some blinders on, too.

I guess a few conclusions that I could draw are that no matter where you live, criminals can get there [[see also: Redford mom was the one who fired shots in Birmingham last week), and that as long as there is crime in the region, everyone is at risk. Also, you can't leave your car unlocked with any valuables [[including the keys) in plain sight, anywhere, or you will pay sooner or later!

Quote Originally Posted by BrushStart View Post
    Guess it's time to move further north. Pontiac, here we come! Oh...wait... damn it all to hell!!!
    Perhaps even further north....to the U.P.?

I feel sorry for that Birmingham mother with her children. CRIME HAPPENS EVERYWHERE! from the ghettohoods of Detroit to the its neighborhoods of the suburbs. From the urban lands to the prarie lands. You can find a nice place to move, but something terrible will happen. So be prepare for anything that would smack you in the face. Your survival and your family's survival comes first before security [[which its an illusion.)

Waaaahhh! For several generations, we've been able to outrun our problems! But it's just not working anymore! Waaaaahhh!

Quote Originally Posted by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast View Post
    Perhaps even further north....to the U.P.?
    Most folks can move further to 20 Mile Rd. [[Which its the new 8 Mile Rd.) but your home and values will be stolen and your lives will be missed. Can't stop crime folks, only prevent it.

Write to me if this sentence is an ILL or a CURE:

People in Windsor, Ontario has little or no crime that they leave their front doors unlock.

Grosses Pointe had just had a petty crime where some nut had snatched a tip jar full of bills from a coffee shop in the village.

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    Grosses Pointe had just had a petty crime where some nut had snatched a tip jar full of bills from a coffee shop in the village.
    Well, that won't be a problem after that rascal is hung, drawn and quartered [[martini toast, anyone?) But let's not hijack this thread - time to get back to the B! Bloomfield Hills is making all their bordering streets with the B ghettohood one-way outbound. So don't plan on cruising Woodward in the vicinity of the promised land anytime soon, unless you are headed south into the maelstrom. Frankly, I am glad to know the painful but necessary truth, and even gladder [[is that a word?) that I moved out of the B by choice before I had to. Shiver, shudder, etc.
    Last edited by Orthophonic; April-24-12 at 09:36 PM. Reason: amber ale

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2