Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

I can't consider myself an athiest because I do believe in a supreme intelligence. Maybe athiests believe that there is more to this than what meets the eye, and choose not to call it God. I choose to use the word or the symbol God, that is a preference. Religious idealogy certainly should be questioned with an open mind. I believe God is not known through words or symbols but ONLY through experience. Experience could be defined in other words; synchronicity, coincidence, psychic abilities, knowing, truth, etc... Experience cannot and never will be able to be described and can only be known by the one 'experiencing' it.

Beyond belief is reality. That is one of the most 'enlightening' things I ever heard. Think about it. Maybe WE are the false Gods that the bible tells us NOT to worship. We come into this world not knowing sh*t and begin to erect a FALSE self that thinks it knows something. We create OURSELVES. The problem is the fear that maybe we did NOT create ourselves. Maybe we really do have a creator. Than what? If we do does it look down on us and say, "look at all these horrible, sinning, false God creating lost souls. I must punish them!" No, I don't think that is what it is about... lol Take all your beliefs away, even the belief that your an athiest, or a Christian, or a Buddhist, or whatever. Take ALL OF THEM away and what do you got? Reality.
    Last edited by MizMotown; April-25-12 at 11:57 AM.