Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Need Recommendation For Auto Repair

I need intake manifold/head gasket repairs. Preferably in Westland, Garden City, Livonia and Dearborn areas. Was quoted $1,200 for intake gasket replacement but I hope to get this done a lot cheaper. Any personal recommends would help. Thanks.

You can take a chance on a driveway CL mechanic.

GUSHI Guest

What kind of car?

Quote Originally Posted by GUSHI View Post
    What kind of car?
    It's a 1999 Pontiac Grand Am SE 3.4L 6 cyl.

Rogers Automotive on Van Born in Dearborn Hts. They don't have a sign on the building because they do such good work at fair prices they get mostly referrals and return business.

Thanks all for your suggestions. But I got the job done at a great price. I was on the verge of dumping a can of block and gasket sealant into my cooling system when I got a recommendation from a guy at an auto parts store. He turned me on to a guy that did the intake manifold gasket replacement, thermostat change and oil change for $325! That's $325!! All out of his backyard workshop. He only works on cars on the weekends. I dropped it off Friday night and it was ready on Saturday afternoon. He's in Westland, MI. Not sure if he's OK with me posting his name/phone number here. If anybody is interested, email me.

That's great news. I sent you a PM to find out if the mechanic can do some work on my car. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAZZMAN View Post
    Thanks all for your suggestions. But I got the job done at a great price.

Garage/backyard car guys that are skilled can make a killing.

One of my best friends did this for decades.....most every night after work, Friday night to Sunday afternoon non-stop. Gotta feed 6 kids one way or another.