Detroit River Fishing

Progress on the M1 Light Rail in Downtown Detroit proceeds along both sides of Woodward Avenue. When completed he curbside electric rail will run from Campus Martius to Grand Boulevard.

READ MORE »

New? Join DetroitYES»

DISCUSSING ALL THINGS DETROIT-WINDSOR SINCE 1999

ENJOY DETROITYES?

AND HAVE ADS REMOVED DETAILS »

Default Need Recommendation For Auto Repair

I need intake manifold/head gasket repairs. Preferably in Westland, Garden City, Livonia and Dearborn areas. Was quoted $1,200 for intake gasket replacement but I hope to get this done a lot cheaper. Any personal recommends would help. Thanks.

You can take a chance on a driveway CL mechanic.

What kind of car?

Quote Originally Posted by GUSHI View Post
    What kind of car?
    It's a 1999 Pontiac Grand Am SE 3.4L 6 cyl.

Rogers Automotive on Van Born in Dearborn Hts. They don't have a sign on the building because they do such good work at fair prices they get mostly referrals and return business.

Thanks all for your suggestions. But I got the job done at a great price. I was on the verge of dumping a can of block and gasket sealant into my cooling system when I got a recommendation from a guy at an auto parts store. He turned me on to a guy that did the intake manifold gasket replacement, thermostat change and oil change for $325! That's $325!! All out of his backyard workshop. He only works on cars on the weekends. I dropped it off Friday night and it was ready on Saturday afternoon. He's in Westland, MI. Not sure if he's OK with me posting his name/phone number here. If anybody is interested, email me.

That's great news. I sent you a PM to find out if the mechanic can do some work on my car. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAZZMAN View Post
    Thanks all for your suggestions. But I got the job done at a great price.

Garage/backyard car guys that are skilled can make a killing.

One of my best friends did this for decades.....most every night after work, Friday night to Sunday afternoon non-stop. Gotta feed 6 kids one way or another.