Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Holographic Universe?

Drawing upon the Holographic Principle, the premise behind the Fermilab project is that space is two dimensional, and that the third dimension is inextricably linked with time. If that's the case, our 3D world is merely an approximate illusion. Assuming that's true, the illusion is likely imperfect and blurry, just as photographs and videos are, especially when viewed on a granular level.

http://www.technewsworld.com/story/72804.html

http://www.fnal.gov/ FERMILAB

So, if they find out this is true what does that mean? Does it mean that the spiritualist are correct in saying everything is just an illusion?

And then what?

Quote Originally Posted by MizMotown View Post
    Drawing upon the Holographic Principle, the premise behind the Fermilab project is that space is two dimensional, and that the third dimension is inextricably linked with time. If that's the case, our 3D world is merely an approximate illusion. Assuming that's true, the illusion is likely imperfect and blurry, just as photographs and videos are, especially when viewed on a granular level.

http://www.technewsworld.com/story/72804.html

http://www.fnal.gov/ FERMILAB

So, if they find out this is true what does that mean? Does it mean that the spiritualist are correct in saying everything is just an illusion?

And then what?

LOL...the mystics and leading physicists have been speaking similarly for over a decade now, and I've been as closely watching the cloning and particle research paths as I can for years...thinking that if humankind finally perfects cloning or temporal tears through the space/time matrix, then we're done as a species.

Either the 'gods' will accept us as like them, or destroy us completely. Cannot figure which it'll be...

Cheers anyways, 'cause this doesn't get in the way of a perfect spring day...

If I'm mostly just empty space, why do I hurt when I cut my finger?

Does it mean that the spiritualist are correct in saying everything is just an illusion?
    Reminds me of some lines at the end of "Nights in White Satin" [[The Moody Blues DAYS OF FUTURE PASSED)

Red is grey and yellow, white
    But we decide which is right
    And which is an illusion

And then what?
    And then you die.
    Last edited by Meddle; April-22-12 at 04:31 PM.

It sounds like I've been getting gypped all these years buying new eyeglasses.

If you look through a magnifier at the color yellow on a CRT display you'll find it's made up of green and red. So which is it? Yellow or [[green and red)?

And yet if you look at, say, a lemon through the same magnifier, it's still yellow.

I read somewhere that, in philosophy, color is considered a secondary [[or tertiary?) attribute of an object. I think that means there's a subjective component to its perception. I guess that's how they explain that phenomenon.

It's still a head scratcher to me though.
    Last edited by Jimaz; April-22-12 at 07:52 PM.

Aren't all dimensions inextricably linked with time? Without time everything would be everywhere and everything would be nowhere. We can only say that object exists between here and there at this moment. It may not be between here and there in a few minutes. We don't live in a 3 dimensional world. It is very much a 4 dimension world.

And color is the frequencies of energy not absorbed by an object. If an object is black a large majority of the visible light energy is absorbed by the object. If an object is pure white all frequencies of light energy are reflected.

So the real question becomes: What color is an electron? [[I was once asked that question in a job interview.)

Aren't 'time', 'space' and 'dimension' all human concepts? Do any of them really matter in the cosmos?

Welcome to the sixth dimension.

http://www.rahul.net/raithel/otfw/dimensions.html

Today we are living in the 3rd dimensional universe with 4th dimensional characterictics within a 11th dimensional multiverse. 3rd dimension contains 2 space and one time while 4th dimension has 3 space and one time. There is no other dimension higher than 11th spaces and one time. Some bubble membranic universes have their own dimensions. Other bubble membranic universes have 3 dimensions but their its characteristics and atomic physical structure is different. For example if we living in Earth where Detroit is a doom and gloom city filled with black people. In the another 3rd dimensional universe might have another Earth where Detroit is a thriving city bigger than New-York and filled with white folks. [[ Be well aware that I'm not playing race cards in this thread.) I'm just telling you all the physical and possibly synthetic actions of different dimensions.

It is impossible to leave this 3D universe with 4D properties unless we develop highly advanced technology that would peel the fabric of space-time continuum. In theory we can jump or [[warp) to another universe by going into a black hole or a white hole. Physicists never tried it but in theory if we going to those properties we will be squashed into " Spaghettified" singularity point that would match the constant speed of light squared according to Albert Eistein's Theory of Relativity and be converted to Steven Hawking Radiation. But we could escape out of black hole or a white hole as jets of light into a possible another universe in different space and time.
    Last edited by Danny; April-24-12 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    If you look through a magnifier at the color yellow on a CRT display you'll find it's made up of green and red. So which is it? Yellow or [[green and red)?

And yet if you look at, say, a lemon through the same magnifier, it's still yellow.

I read somewhere that, in philosophy, color is considered a secondary [[or tertiary?) attribute of an object. I think that means there's a subjective component to its perception. I guess that's how they explain that phenomenon.

For me too. It can't be very subjective or else most people wouldn't be able to pick out lemons from limes in the store without signs.

Quote Originally Posted by ndavies View Post
    Aren't all dimensions inextricably linked with time? Without time everything would be everywhere and everything would be nowhere.
    ?

We can only say that object exists between here and there at this moment. It may not be between here and there in a few minutes.
    Do things usually disappear and reappear in your experience? Time is important for astrophysicists in their calculations. Beyond that I think time is a human measure of change. Color refers to certain light frequencies within human perception. There is a lot of "light" that we cannot see.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Aren't 'time', 'space' and 'dimension' all human concepts? Do any of them really matter in the cosmos?
    Time, space and dimention are not human concepts. They are appearences from our visions interpreted by the our electrical signals from our brains in order to define real from fiction. Time, space and dimentions are fundamental constructs of universal physics of force works. They exist when the foundation of the Big Bang loomed. It's made to challege us in life and solving its mysteries. It's not going to be easy nor simple, but the answers to cracking its properties lies through very complicated mathematics.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Time, space and dimention are not human concepts. They are appearences from our visions interpreted by the our electrical signals from our brains in order to define real from fiction. Time, space and dimentions are fundamental constructs of universal physics of force works. They exist when the foundation of the Big Bang loomed. It's made to challege us in life and solving its mysteries. It's not going to be easy nor simple, but the answers to cracking its properties lies through very complicated mathematics.
    I read this a couple of times Danny and I just couldn't stop committing thoughtcrime.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post

This Is Not Yellow explains the phenomenon. The universe is not as it seems.

How do you know that a physicist doesn't understand quantum theory?

If he says he understands quantum theory.

Quantum Theory [[def): A field of scientific endeavor with predictions that run counter to everyday experience but conversely has the highest percentage of predicted results born out by experiment of any of the physical sciences.

Quantum Mechanics is a pretty broad field of study. Some theory is pretty well hammered down - models of valence shells and nuclear interaction are fairly well understood. Once you get down to the meson / quark level things get foggier.

Now, keep in mind that the effects seen at this level [[subatomic particles) STAY at this level. That means that the existence of quantum teleportation does not mean that anything other than incredibly tiny, barely existent particles can teleport. Also, these weirder effects only operate under fairly specific conditions that normally don't occur in nature.

What all this means is the following:

1 - Anyone claiming some gizmo or supernatural ability is powered by quantum entanglement or teleportation is full of crap - it's akin to saying you can push mountains around by throwing marbles at them - quantum particles do not operate on a finely grained deterministic model

2 - The universe may be holographic, and most of your mass may be some sort of illusion and your body is actually mostly void, but you won't be able to perceive anything differently. Even if you could, you wouldn't want to, as other quantum effects would necessarily creep in, and everything you perceive would basically be completely random and incomprehensible.

from one spiritual view...

The Course teaches that the script for our journey through time and space is already written. Somehow our lives, which seem so haphazard, are predetermined. The reason is that all of it already happened. In the original instant of the separation we chose death over life, separate existence over oneness with the All. This single choice fragmented into trillions of situations and events, each one a variation on the single theme of death over life, and all of it contained in the original instant. Yet in that same instant the Holy Spirit was created and gave His correction for the one error and all the countless forms it took, and the dream was over. Yet part of our mind remained attached to the dream, and this part began reviewing the various fragmented forms of the error and its correction, crawling through them sequentially, in linear time, rather than experiencing them all at once.

the only rational response to that is this:

Name:  heisenberg dept of physics.jpg
Views: 348
Size:  36.8 KB

and just for fun, this [[these ARE concentric circles, just squint your eyes until it gets blurry)
    Name:  circles.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  34.9 KB