Detroit Swag-o-mania

Some of nature's more beautiful moments in Detroit are created by the spring and autumn fogs that rise over the city. The autumn fog season arrived in Detroit today, rolling in around 7 AM and with burn-off, shown here, starting around 10 AM. Ship horns are calling out to each other all over the Straits of the Detroit.

READ MORE »

New? Join DetroitYES»

DISCUSSING ALL THINGS DETROIT-WINDSOR SINCE 1999

ENJOY DETROITYES?

AND HAVE ADS REMOVED DETAILS »

Default Yellow Sac Spiders

I seem to have a problem with Yellow Sac Spiders in my apartment. Has anyone dealt with these little buggers? I have always lived on upper floors and never seen them before. They leave really nasty welts and are common in Michigan. Fortunately my cats are great at finding them, however, I still seem to get a bite ever few days.

Does anyone have experience getting rid of them, preferably natural. I have two cats. If I have to, I will move them for a day.

Thanks!

try some tetracycline, you can get some at the free clinic

Only once did I have to deal with them. My eldest son was wildly allergic to the bites. Unfortunately my solution wasn't natural prevention. I used a flea and tic bomb on all floors. We left for a day with kids and pets. I am not big on chemical solutions but it did work.

They should move outside soon. From what I've read they prefer to live in trees and bushes. They lay their eggs in corners in webs, so you may want to go through your house with the vacuum regularly and hit the corners hard

They're everywhere!