Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    So another thing that Metro Detroiters [[both urban and suburban) have tendency to do... They put too much emphasis on attracting residents/patrons/visitors from the suburbs as the panacea to save the city. Sure, the city could use residents and money from almost any source, but the suburbs will not save the city. Again, THE SUBURBS WILL NOT SAVE THE CITY. The suburbs will never be a large source of future residents for the city. NEVER. EVER. Until the end of fucking time! So stop saying shit like "if Detroit had a 0% crime rate everyone from Troy to Canton would just rush back into the city". They won't and it's unfair to expect them to do that.

Detroit's survival rests SOLELY on its ability to attract fresh new faces to the metropolitan area. If Detroit cannot do that then Detroit is dead. Detroit has not been able to do that for half a century, which is why Detroit is on life support.
    And Detroit can't attract you either, so yep, it's dead. So you can quit posting now, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by townonenorth View Post
    And Detroit can't attract you either, so yep, it's dead. So you can quit posting now, huh?
    I'm from Detroit so I shouldn't really be the person Detroit is targeting, as I said in my post.

I'm from Detroit so I shouldn't really be the person Detroit is targeting, as I said in my post.
    But you don't live there. Neither do I. I wonder why?

But you don't live there. Neither do I. I wonder why?
    Crime isn't the reason I don't live in Detroit.

Crime isn't the reason I don't live in Detroit.
    Really? Come back and live at McNichols and Gratiot and prove it?

Really? Come back and live at McNichols and Gratiot and prove it?
    Putting a smiley on a silly comment doesn't make it more valuable.

Quote Originally Posted by mwilbert View Post
    Putting a smiley on a silly comment doesn't make it more valuable.
    Tell that to Detroit nerd, will ya?