Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by kraig View Post
    "Multiple generations of poverty'? Staying out late isn't an issue of economics for young people. Kids like to hang out with their friends, that's all.

When I was kid growing up in Detroit, I hung out past the designated curfew with my friends. There was no issue of being at risk for committing crimes because it was late because we weren't criminals and weren't looking to commit crimes.

We all knew that the curfew was only enforced in Hart Plaza or Greektown during the summer weekends and only in the neighborhoods during devil's night and halloween. Which is what would happen if the police tried to enforce it now.
    The way I would invision a curfew enforcement would be for the police to pay particular attention to the gas stations, party stores and coney islands on major streets, and school playgrounds in the neighborhood, cruising up and down residential streets busting kids for being two doors down from their house would be a waste of resources.

In order for anything to be taken seriously first the action has to be done, and most importantly it has to be consistant.

Occurrence Guest

Yup. I'm sure a curfew is really going to change anything in the city......

Its a start, its would be only a small part of whats needed to bring the city back. It is not designed to be the answer , but part of the answer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2