Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
Care to elaborate on that a bit more? It seems to me that considering 28% in city are carrying a majority, those from out state are also doing a big part to help minorities in the form of fed funds ,out state in the form of fed funds are also financing the currant purging of corruption.Out state did not invite it in. People from outstate could find it very easy to say you made your bed now lay in it but seems to me that it is pretty clear that is not the case.

Generalizations can be a two way street .
I'm sorry, I don't really understand that post. I don't understand the 28 percent figure. Not sure what you mean about federal funds financing a purge of corruption. You mean the consent decree for the police department? Not sure how the state is helping purge any corruption.

Maybe I could be more clear.

When Lansing came in to reform the school district, the district was operating at a surplus. After the state takover, it was operating at a deficit.

When Robert Bobb took over the system, he went on a spending spree and left the district more impoverished and in debt than before.

Given this kind of behavior, I think Detroiters have every right to be wary about Lansing.

And I do believe that outstate representatives don't understand cities very well [[so many are from small towns) and are hostile to minorities [[Wayne is the only country where the main heritage claimed is African).

Does that make sense?