Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Bus Incident at Jefferson & Woodward 04/11/12

A little birdie told me a pedestrian was possibly struck outside the old Gas Building at Woodward and Jefferson this afternoon...by a SMART bus...and then a DOT bus hit the SMART bus.

It was quite the spectacle, apparently. Anyone have the skinny on this?!

Inquiring minds, yanno...

I saw the scene from my window at work. Then I had to drive past it on my way home yesterday. I didnt see any sign of an injured person but I did see one bus there that had a nice chunk taken out of the rear drivers side area.

Better call Carl Collins, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    Better call Carl Collins, Jr.
    He is good.

Quote Originally Posted by guito13 View Post
    I saw the scene from my window at work. Then I had to drive past it on my way home yesterday. I didnt see any sign of an injured person but I did see one bus there that had a nice chunk taken out of the rear drivers side area.
    Thanks. My source said they couldn't tell if the person was hit, or if they simply had trouble boarding the bus. I'd love to learn what happened to the bus driver who hit the other one. Some of those drivers are pretty reckless.

Hell, I was passed on I-94 eastbound at French by a DOT bus driving at least seventy-five in a 55 zone...on the way back to one of their yards. It was probably six o'clock at night, and I couldn't believe this jerk had to pass me like he did.

These buses should all have satellite tracking devices on 'em.

I've been on buses that fiercely speed, to catch up on their schedules. Damned dangerous driving, and the driver is the only one with a seatbelt.

Need more info on this accident...

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    Thanks. My source said they couldn't tell if the person was hit, or if they simply had trouble boarding the bus. I'd love to learn what happened to the bus driver who hit the other one. Some of those drivers are pretty reckless.

Hell, I was passed on I-94 eastbound at French by a DOT bus driving at least seventy-five in a 55 zone...on the way back to one of their yards. It was probably six o'clock at night, and I couldn't believe this jerk had to pass me like he did.

These buses should all have satellite tracking devices on 'em.

I've been on buses that fiercely speed, to catch up on their schedules. Damned dangerous driving, and the driver is the only one with a seatbelt.

Need more info on this accident...

Cheers
    they do have gps tracking on the buses, for operational purposes only.

I agree I've seen some bus drivers: Not brake or let off the gas AT ALL when someone is crossing the street hurriedly; I mean the person shouldn't have but they probably didn't realize the bus was going so fast either [[over speed limit in the heart of downtown). And speed and run red lights. Police need to make an example out of some of these guys I think.