Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Hybrid View

I don't know why he would change his name from the one he used in the military. Pete House is a fairly common name, but I guess it couldn't hurt to give him a call.

I searched on the city property tax site and there were no current owners named Huis.
    The current owner of record for 9717 Yellowstone is Margaret A Lowe.
    The owners of 16551 Lauder are Kpoyor, Anthony and Angela Bailey.
    There are many owners with the surname of House. One is named Jeanette at 13769 Sparling, but that seems like a long-shot.

Birth, death and marriage records are kept by the State of Michigan. Birth records are only available to the persons involved - parents and children. There are fees for obtaining records. I have never used them, so I can't say how thorough or reliable the searches are. The main problem with going this route is that none of the later marriages or deaths of the family members may have taken place in the State of Michigan.

There is a young Peter Huis with an English page on Facebook. I have no idea where he's located or any reason other than the name to believe he might be related.

I think he's in Philadelphia, like their teams anyway.

No, it is not done in the US. I am sure there are ways, such as, if you know the original address, for a time you can check at the Post office for forwarding information. They used to keep that longer but now it is only six months. It won't do much good historically.

I did a little poking around on ancestry.com and found the April 8 1944 enlistment of Peter J. Huis Jr. [[born 1923), as well as the 1930 and 1940 censuses.

Also found a Peter J. Huis [[wife Lilla L.) living at 750 S. Clearwater-Largo Rd in Clearwater Florida - in 1958 and 1960 City Directories. I found nothing later.

Find A Grave turned up 13 Huis graves, 8 of which are in Portage MI, but no Peter or Lilla.

CorporationWiki has a Peter A. Huis as Manager of Green Pipes & Insulation Trading LLC in Florida:
    GREEN PIPES & INSULATION TRADING LLC
    150 ALHAMBRA CIRCLE
    SUITE 1150
    CORAL GABLES, FL 33134
    http://www.greenpipes-insulation.com/

Quote Originally Posted by jiminnm View Post
    I did a little poking around on ancestry.com and found the April 8 1944 enlistment of Peter J. Huis Jr. [[born 1923), as well as the 1930 and 1940 censuses.

Also found a Peter J. Huis [[wife Lilla L.) living at 750 S. Clearwater-Largo Rd in Clearwater Florida - in 1958 and 1960 City Directories. I found nothing later.

Find A Grave turned up 13 Huis graves, 8 of which are in Portage MI, but no Peter or Lilla.

CorporationWiki has a Peter A. Huis as Manager of Green Pipes & Insulation Trading LLC in Florida:
    150 ALHAMBRA CIRCLE
    SUITE 1150
    CORAL GABLES, FL 33134
    Peter House or Peter Huis is/was married
    to Jeannette or Janet House [[born van den Berg)
    I guess Lilla is perhaps his sister?

No. I think you may be confusing Peter Huis the father and Peter Huis the son.

Peter J. Huis the father, I'll call him Senior, was born in Holland October 3 1890. He showed up in Detroit City Directories in 1918 and 1919 and in US censuses in 1930 and 1940. His wife and daughter were both named Janet or Jeannette [[poor census taker or language problems between the two). Wife was born in Holland about 1886, daughter was born in the US about 1918. His son was also Peter J. Huis, I'll call him Junior, born April 9 1923.

Senior, wife [[name given as Jeanette) and Junior are also all shown as arriving in NY from Southampton July 17 1936 on the Europa. Perhaps they went back to Holland for a visit and were returning before Hitler's onslaught. They gave their address as 9717 Yellowstone in Detroit.

Senior filled out a WW1 draft registration July 5 1917 [[living at 238 Vancourt in Detroit, working as a Machinist for Ford). Junior enlisted in the Army on April 8 1944 [[residence shown as Wayne county, occupation as tool and die maker, and Junior stated he was married).

As I see it, that leaves two possibilities for the Huis I found in Clearwater Florida in 1958 and 1960, because Lilla was definitely indicated as wife. Given the rarity of the name, I'm assuming a relationship to the ones you seek. First, Senior's wife Jeannette died some time after 1940 and prior to 1958, and he remarried to Lilla. Second, Junior had moved to Florida and that listing is he and his wife Lilla.

I think the first possibility is most likely, because I found a Lilla Huis who was born in Michigan Nov 23 1889 and died in Clearwater in January 1982. Those dates would fit as the wife of a remarried Senior.

I was unable to find any other Peter Huis or any additional information on the ones discussed here.

Whether the Peter A. Huis in Coral Gables Florida is related to the ones you seek I'll leave up to you to discover.

Quote Originally Posted by jiminnm View Post

150 ALHAMBRA CIRCLE
    SUITE 1150
    CORAL GABLES, FL 33134
    Did you find a telephone number for the Clearwater-largo road address?

Applause ^^^^^^

I found no phone numbers. You could also try all the people finder sites.

Try whitepages.com

This is amazing....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2