Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

"I do think it is something new and specific to him when a sitting president - who publicly decries the “breathtaking greed” of the top one-percenters - has no compunction about meeting and greeting them privately so he can rake in their campaign dough while eating off silver plates."

Last time I checked, the Ilitch family didn't almost bankrupt the American economy through manipulation of the US and world financial markets. Obama didn't paint the 1% with that broad brush, you did.

Quote Originally Posted by Novine View Post
    "I do think it is something new and specific to him when a sitting president - who publicly decries the “breathtaking greed” of the top one-percenters - has no compunction about meeting and greeting them privately so he can rake in their campaign dough while eating off silver plates."

Last time I checked, the Ilitch family didn't almost bankrupt the American economy through manipulation of the US and world financial markets. Obama didn't paint the 1% with that broad brush, you did.
    You gotta admit, the guy is squeaky clean so his detractors have to either make stuff up [[he's a Muslim who wasn't born here, or whatever) or try to trump up non-existent claims. "Can you believe the nerve of this guy, running for re-election and attending a fundraiser???"

And you know if he didn't go they'd name him a Revolutionary Marxist starting a class war.

Time for some quotes from Romney, man of the people!
    "Corporations are people, my friend… of course they are."
    "I should tell my story. I'm also unemployed."
    "I'm not concerned about the very poor. We have a safety net there."
    "[My wife] drives a couple of Cadillacs."

You guys...have fun with that...good luck...

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
    You gotta admit, the guy is squeaky clean so his detractors have to either make stuff up [[he's a Muslim who wasn't born here, or whatever) or try to trump up non-existent claims. "Can you believe the nerve of this guy, running for re-election and attending a fundraiser???"

And you know if he didn't go they'd name him a Revolutionary Marxist starting a class war.
    Amazing, isn't it? I'm certainly not a fan of everything he's done, or hasn't done. But at least in criticizing him from the left I'd talk about the issues and his actual performance in office, not this sort of petty BS [[or his birth certificate, his "secret" religion, some people who used to live in his neighborhood, etc.). There's nothing I find more dispiriting in our current politics than the 'criticize everything, disagree with everything [[even things we used to agree with), lie about anything, and destroy him at all costs' anti-Obama scorched earth policies of one of our major political parties and their constituents in the American right [[I won't call them "conservative," because they're really anything but that).

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
    You gotta admit, the guy is squeaky clean so his detractors have to either make stuff up [[he's a Muslim who wasn't born here, or whatever) or try to trump up non-existent claims.
    Well, he killed a couple American citizens, and claims he doesn't need to provide any evidence that they were guilty of anything. The New York Times is suing over the matter.

http://lewrockwell.com/roberts/roberts328.html