Sad about the State Fair, but to be honest, hadn't been since I was a kid. What I think was cool about the fair, or one of the things anyway. is that it brought a bit of the farm to the city. Nice to have city kids see some things kids in more rural areas take for granted. I think in addition to the Belle Isle "Nature Zoo" and the Detroit Zoo, Detroit could use a petting zoo, with ongoing farm & greenhouse operations for kids to see, including lots of animals for kids to interact with.

I won't be too upset about the State Fairgrounds IF something productive is done with the site. And the US Grant house ABSOLUTELY should be moved to Greenfield Village. Exactly the type of place HF had in mind when he built Greenfield Village. Great idea. Honestly, even if the State Fair at the Fairgrounds was preserved, the house should still be moved. More peope would see it there. Personal bias: I think Ulysses S. Grant was a good president, an indispensable general, and a truly great man. Last president for 80+ years to use federal troops to suppress white supremacists in the south, and to enfore civil and political rights for freed slaves.