Thanks for the extensive update urbanoutdoors!

Quote Originally Posted by urbanoutdoors View Post
The city says that in November or December of last year just as the ruling came down on riverside park, the DIBC made accusations that the site is contaminated, and they discovered this contamination when they put up there illegal fence on the park.
I figured the gnarly old hand of Matty had to be involved in this.

Quote Originally Posted by urbanoutdoors View Post
I am saddened by the temporary closure of the park but do not feel that this is a ploy to sell of the park. I just hope that the clean up is done in an expeditious and thorough manner and that we all stay focused on improving the park and not let this issue divide city and community on the bridge issue. I for one do not feel the city would have put the $ into riverside boat launch if they thought this was an issue previously or they were planning on selling it off to Moroun.
I really hope you're right, but I definitely have grave doubts. I'm still thinking that DIBC is looking for some way to leverage this cleanup to get their way. I certainly don't think that the fact the city built the boat launch means that they won't pull the rug out from under us. They have wasted $$ before on new things that they then tore up, sold, or abandoned.