Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

I've heard good things about America Best. In all cases make certain when shopping for glasses at a discount that the frames are not too cheap if you're going steel framed. A friend of mine purchased some really cheap steal frame lenses at Perle and the arms started to corrode and leave marks on the sides of his face and ears in less than a year. Some people with allergies must use tungsten steel only frames. I have a pair of steel frames working on the second set of lenses for 10 years so it's not a problem if you don't go too cheap on a frame.

Heritage? I had a bad experience with them: My exam was rushed and they messed up my perscription bad. As soon as they showed me my prescription numbers [[as I requested) I knew it was wrong. I know my basic diopter range for correction and so I got a second opinion from Henry Ford OptimEyes, who confirmed that my perscription Heritage wrote was about 30% out of range. I ended up having Henry Ford fill the perscription and they're not cheap unless you have insurance for there shop.

Plus Heritage seems to be really big on 'high-profile' designer frames and nothing reasonable. I don't like goggled-faced over-styled 'designer' $250+ frames screaming the designers name all over the frame. And that's mostly what they had or the 'off the rack' ultra cheap 'poverty' frames. Optimize, Perle, and Co-op have a better range of decent frames for nearly 'all' budgets often on sale.
    Last edited by Zacha341; March-21-12 at 11:35 AM.