Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 16 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Detwa View Post
    And let me add that if Zimmerman had approached me in that same manner [[as stated by Trayvon's girlfriend on the phone), then he would have gotten a switchblade in his throat, and the story would be quite different. Or, I could have been the one dead.

Detwa, Exactly how did Zimmerman supposedly approach Trayvon Martin?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnny5 View Post
    He exited his vehicle.

Was there any other reason to do so?
    Last edited by Jimaz; April-08-12 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnny5 View Post
    There are several maps available now that show where GZ's truck was parked, where the fight/murder took place, and the doorstep to Trayvon's home [[dad's girlfriend). Trayvon died quite a distance from GZ's truck, just a few feet from his own doorstep, away from the street, between the houses. How did GZ get there? Are we to believe that Trayvon was that close to his own door where he could jet to safety, but instead he turned around and pursued GZ? Again, how did GZ get so far away from his truck, between the houses, and on the grass? Did his anger teleport him over there? It's just not logical. If they had fought right by his truck, then his story might have some credibility, but unless Trayvon drug him all the way through the townhouses away from the street, then it sure looks like he was following this boy and stopped him before he got home.

Here's one of the maps and analysis, but feel free to search and find any others:

http://bcclist.com/2012/03/27/trayvo...zimmerman-map/

I don't get how people keep saying, GZ didn't follow him. If he didn't, then GZ would have been standing near his truck waiting on LE! At the very least, he would have been standing at the END of the row of houses, watching Trayvon walk, so he could report to LE where he went. There is no logical explanation for him being all the way up in the middle of the houses unless he walked there and got into the confrontation.

And if he walked that far up on this young man, then Trayvon had every right to turn around and kick his ass because he had no idea why this man was walking upon him.

And if he walked that far up on this young man, then Trayvon had every right to turn around and kick his ass because he had no idea why this man was walking upon him.

This is the part I have a problem with, and the reason why I quoted your other post. If someone is following and questioning you it does not give you the right to "kick their ass" or put "a switchblade to his throat." If this had happened in a dark alley somewhere I could see your point, but following your logic I would have had to "kick the asses" of several nosy, grumpy old men in my grandparents neighborhood when I was teen.

Honestly, I think this really comes down to which one of these guys turned this interaction into something physical. If Zimmerman actually tried to detain Trayvon, or made physical threats then I believe Trayvon had every right to defend himself. If Zimmerman was simply following him and questioning his reason for being in the neighborhood then turning things physical may have been a deadly mistake.

I don't know either of these guys, but my best guess is that both of them probably share some responsibility in what happened. If Zimmerman would have minded his own business and taken the advice of the 911 dispatcher none of this would have happened. Conversely, if Trayvon had taken off his hood and politely responded to Zimmerman that he was just walking back to his fathers girlfriends house on the next block he'd probably still be alive today.
    Last edited by Johnnny5; April-09-12 at 01:51 PM.

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/...r-on-road-sign

Sigh...some things never change in Metro Detroit.

I don't get how people keep saying, GZ didn't follow him. If he didn't, then GZ would have been standing near his truck waiting on LE!

Nobody said he didn't follow him. But there's a big difference between following/observing and attacking or confronting. Yeah, he followed, but I don't get where you say he attacked, stopped, questioned or anything else.

The statement says he followed for a distance, but lost sight of Martin and began to return to his truck. At some point after he started back towards the truck, he was attacked from behind.

So, yeah, it makes sense with the maps.

But that brings up another question I hadn't considered until now. GZ says he was following TM on foot and lost sight of him. Why? Where did TM go? Did he go around a corner or into a doorway and GZ just didn't see him? Possible.

Or did TM duck behind something and hide waiting for GZ to get closer? Could he have been waiting to jump GZ?

There's just too much we don't know, and may never know, even if there is a trial.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    But that brings up another question I hadn't considered until now. GZ says he was following TM on foot and lost sight of him. Why? Where did TM go? Did he go around a corner or into a doorway and GZ just didn't see him? Possible.

Or did TM duck behind something and hide waiting for GZ to get closer? Could he have been waiting to jump GZ?

There's just too much we don't know, and may never know, even if there is a trial.
    Go back and read post #13. Trayvon was trying to escape some nut that was following him. Trayvon was trying to AVOID a confrontation. But GZ was having none of that. In GZ's own words, "These assholes always get away", "he looks like he's on drugs" , "there's something wrong with him". Clearly GZ had it in his mind that Trayvon was "an asshole" that needed to be stopped so that he wouldn't "get away".

GZ sought out Trayvon, followed him, confronted him, and executed him.

The 911 tapes show that it was GZ that started the chain of events. Suddenly at about the 2:20 mark, you hear wind blowing through the phone. That is when he was asked, "are you following him?" Obviously, the dispatcher picked up on the fact that he exited his vehicle when he could hear the wind blowing.

Who among us, would not defend ourselves if some nut that had been following you, got out of his vehicle and confronted you?

Who among us would not feel that our well being was threatened, if that happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Thames View Post
    Go back and read post #13. Trayvon was trying to escape some nut that was following him. Trayvon was trying to AVOID a confrontation.
    There's no proof of that. That's all speculation.

In fact, if you want to play that game, didn't the girlfriend say that TM said on their phone call that he wasn't going to run away?

In fact, if you want to play that game, didn't the girlfriend say that TM said on their phone call that he wasn't going to run away?
    Yes, she did say that. She also said that he told her he was going to walk fast instead. He only started to run after he thought he lost GZ. But GZ caught up and cornered him. That is what she said. She is telling us what TM told her.

Why do think he wanted to walk fast and then eventually run? Maybe because he was SCARED?

Who wouldn't be scared if you were being followed, then the guy GETS OUT HIS VEHICLE and comes after you?

The last moments of TM's life must have been terrifying.
    Last edited by Thames; April-09-12 at 06:54 PM.

But GZ caught up and cornered him.

We don't know that.

And in the theme of "playing the game", the 911 tapes corroborates what the girl is saying.

GZ by his own admission, is following TM, that is exactly what she said TM was telling her.

But GZ caught up and cornered him.
    We don't know that.
    Sure we do. Remember? TM is dead. Clearly, he caught up with him. Trust me on this one.

Sure we do. Remember? TM is dead. Clearly, he caught up with him. Trust me on this one.
    We don't know that GZ caught up with TM. The statement is that TM attacked GZ from behind while GZ was returning to his vehicle.

It's only rhetoric, rumor and gossip-mongering that says GZ 'caught up with' TM.

Obviously, Meddle has chosen to believe George Zimmerman's illogical and physically impossible reenactment of events. And that's fine. There are people who believe they saw the Virgin Mary in a piece of toast too, and people who think Kwame is a victim of The Man. It takes all kinds.

Funny how any evidence or witness that contradicts Zimmerman is deemed to be unreliable, unconfirmed, or "fuzzy". Instead of analyzing WHY Zimmerman's statements are so ridiculous, they are just accepted part and parcel, because he said it. Trayvon is dead so he can't say anything, unfortunately.

Whatever. I'm tired. I just want to see this man on trial. I can't expend any more energy trying to explain why 1 + 1 = 2, if people want to believe it equals 4.

I don't believe either side. I look at the whole thing impartially, not with my vision clouded by rage.

I don't believe either side. I look at the whole thing impartially, not with my vision clouded by rage.
    What then do you think happened ?

Default Zimmermans Lawyers resign From Case

Could this be the beginning of justice finally being served?

At 1:00 in Thom Hartmann on the News - April 10, 2012, Thom talks about "George Zimmerman Had More Legal Authority To Shoot And Kill Than Our Troops Do At War" [[but shouldn't have had that much authority).

What is your obsession with this Hartman twerp? I've never heard of him other than your hundreds of meaningless links to whatever he's babbling about.

Is he your brother or Daddy or something?

What is your obsession with this Hartman twerp? I've never heard of him other than your hundreds of meaningless links to whatever he's babbling about.

Is he your brother or Daddy or something?
    Unlike your post, it's relevant to this topic.

Default Apologies...

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit Stylin View Post
    Could this be the beginning of justice finally being served?
    I forgot to include the link

https://www.google.com/#

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit Stylin View Post
    I forgot to include the link

https://www.google.com/#
    ummmm....that will just get us google

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 16 ... LastLast