Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 15 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnny5 View Post
    Let's get one thing straight. I am in not a "supporter" of Mr. Zimmerman. If the evidence shows that he shot Trayvon for any reason other than self defense i believe that he deserves to spend the rest of his life in prison. However, I don't think that it's right that the man is being crucified based on rumors, selectively leaked evidence and prejudiced opinions.

As for the video we must be watching different versions as the one I see at the link you posted has a giant "ABC News" logo covering the bottom part of the screen and covering the face of Mr. Zimmerman from the 15 second point until just before exits the room.
    I agree with this statement totally.
    As for the video it kinda looks to me like the officer is looking at something on the back of Zimmerman's head.

Attachment 12879

bartock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    I agree with this statement totally.
    As for the video it kinda looks to me like the officer is looking at something on the back of Zimmerman's head.

Attachment 12879
    I agree that this still-frame in and of itself might be subject to interpretation that you would expect to be litigated at a trial. If I knew nothing of this situation, if someone said that this was a reason not to charge someone who just admitted to shooting someone dead for anything, I wouldn't believe you.

I became a fan of The Hinky Meter over the Bashara case. Valhall does an excellent job analyzing and breaking down many criminal cases across the country, and she's turned her insightful eyes on this one too. I'm glad she did. She's posted a few great non-biased commentaries already.

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2012/03...ur-mouth-shut/

Daddy is a retired judge!

That is the sound of the other shoe dropping and some things starting to make a lot more sense.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/nation/...rtin-case.html

Interesting article on the photos of the two people involved.

That explains a lot, both parents have connections.

Here is Z's story about the assault on an officer, he sure didn't learn from that:

He never told me he was an officer and assaulted me first.

Quote Originally Posted by gazhekwe View Post
    That explains a lot, both parents have connections.

Here is Z's story about the assault on an officer, he sure didn't learn from that:

He never told me he was an officer and assaulted me first.

Another spot-on observation Gazhekwe.

Two top audio forensics experts declare that the voice screaming for help on the 911 calls was NOT George Zimmerman! [[As if most of us rational thinkers didn't already know this)

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...ific-certainty

So Trayvon was screaming for help - and mercilessly beating dear passive George within an inch of his life, all the while muttering lines from I'm Gonna Get You Sucka.

Now watch the Zimmerman crew try to say, well, it may not have been George but it was the wind blowing because it was a stormy night, or some other equally ludicrous excuse. Again, this man needs to be arrested and held for trial!

There's really no way they can say for sure and since they were not commissioned by the Court, their opinion is just that, an opinion with no legal weight.

But there IS an eyewitness that states who he saw screaming for help.

I just hope in the end that there's enough actual evidence to clearly determine what really happened. The worst case scenario is if that never happens and this snowballs into something a lot worse than it already has.
    Last edited by Johnnny5; March-31-12 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnny5 View Post
    I just hope in the end that there's enough actual evidence to clearly determine what really happened. The worst case scenario is if that never happens and this snowballs into something a lot worse than it already has.
    You know what? Every day of my life I have less and less faith in humanity. A video of the whole incident could magically appear and people would still be at odds over what happened here. I think most of what people think has more to do with what they want to believe happened than what actually happened, and humans have no qualms at all about spinning any and everything to twist and contort something to fit their view.

Nothing will unite the entirity of Americans regarding this case. NOTHING!

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    ... I think most of what people think has more to do with what they want to believe happened than what actually happened....
    Or what they wish others to believe. That is true on so many other topics too. It seems it didn't used to be that way.

I would hope that most of us, however we think it happened, believe that it was horrible that this young man died.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Or what they wish others to believe. That is true on so many other topics too. It seems it didn't used to be that way.
    So true. There's always an agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by gazhekwe View Post
    I would hope that most of us, however we think it happened, believe that it was horrible that this young man died.
    Most of us do. There are those of us though that can never bring themselves to think of this as a tragedy. I mean, a real tragedy to them is Jesse Jackson popping on TV.

SteveJ Guest

Well I think it was a combination. You had Zimmerman that should have listened to the police and stayed put. He is the wannabe cop. Then you had Trayvon who has been suspended multiple times and got "gangsta" on Zimmerman and the gun came out. Seriously, they are both to blame. Nobody innocent in this case in my eyes.

What a fucking world.

The minor with no criminal record who was fleeing from an aggressor shares the same culpability with the Barney Fife wannabe with multiple cases of violent incidents carrying a gun.

I hope Trayvon's dad "stands his ground" against this piece of shit.

Under "Stand Your Ground" Trayvon could claim self defense. Since he didn't have a gun and Zimmerman did, his side of the story was ignored. Welcome to the Wild West.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveJ View Post
    Well I think it was a combination. You had Zimmerman that should have listened to the police and stayed put. He is the wannabe cop. Then you had Trayvon who has been suspended multiple times and got "gangsta" on Zimmerman and the gun came out. Seriously, they are both to blame. Nobody innocent in this case in my eyes.
    Are you fucking serious? How is Trayvon to blame for a loser with a gun shooting him? Zimmerman is not, was not and never will be a fucking COP, so what right did he have to pursue and stop Trayvon at all that night? So what if the boy had been suspended from school for possibly having weed - WTF does that have to do with some POS trying to run up on him in the dark in an aggressive manner with a gun? That's not what Neighborhood WATCH does. Nobody has the right to STOP, DETAIN, and QUESTION another citizen outside of law enforcement, which was why Zimmerman was told to stay his evil ass inside of his car and do not FOLLOW.

If Trayvon "got gangsta" as you so eloquently put it - so the fuck what, he was a FREE citizen, last I checked, and did not need to submit, subdue, and show his fucking FREEDOM papers to that pig. If Zimmerman got his ass beat by this 17 year old for accosting him and trying to jump bad, then he got what he asked for because he was in the wrong. Trayvon STOOD HIS GROUND and was in fact defending himself by some stranger with a gun and no badge. Sorry if you think he should have went to his knees and identified himself to the Massa and apologized for not traveling at night with a suitable white friend and a letter from his owner. I mean, how dare he try to walk to the store and look all gangsta in 2012!

It's a shame that a youth with a couple of school suspensions, a love for horses and aviation, and no criminal record, is deemed to be as big of a problem to society as a grown man with several arrests, criminal charges and a documented propensity towards violence. Oh, but the youth happens to be black so of course he's a much bigger threat to the world. Nevermind that Trayvon has dozens of people who vouch for his character, but Zimmerman has to PAY people to go on TV and defend him. My g'ma always said, show me your friends and I'll tell you who you are. Well, we see now that Zimmerman had no friends - but somehow Trayvon is the one that needed to be watched. Priceless.

And let me add that if Zimmerman had approached me in that same manner [[as stated by Trayvon's girlfriend on the phone), then he would have gotten a switchblade in his throat, and the story would be quite different. Or, I could have been the one dead. It's unfortunate that they had to meet up that night at all, but not everybody is the type that will bow down and start shuffling. Zimmerman should have never approached Trayvon, and if he just HAD to put himself in the middle of it, then he should have identified himself, kept his gun hidden, and kept his distance. I'm sure if he'd stopped behind Trayvon and stated Neighborhood Watch, who are you, where are you going, Trayvon would have responded appropriately. But the adult of the situation didn't know how to conduct himself, so now we have to hear made up bullshit about Trayvon talking like Superfly and taking out all 17 years of his oppression from The Man, on Zimmerman's head.

[[Why doesn't this board have an Ignore feature? Because this topic has really brought out the honesty in some people!)
    Last edited by Detwa; April-08-12 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Detwa View Post
    Zimmerman is not, was not and never will be a fucking COP, so what right did he have to pursue and stop Trayvon at all that night?

trying to run up on him in the dark in an aggressive manner with a gun? That's not what Neighborhood WATCH does. Nobody has the right to STOP, DETAIN, and QUESTION another citizen outside of law enforcement, which was why Zimmerman was told to stay his evil ass inside of his car and do not FOLLOW.
    There is no indication Zimmerman 'pursued', 'detained', 'questioned', or 'ran up on' Martin in any way, shape or form.

Dispatchers/Call Takers cannot [[and did not) order or direct anyone to do anything. The Dispatcher/Call Taker said "We don't need you to do that". It was a statement, not even really a suggestion or request.

There has been a great deal of hype and posturing over this incident coupled with mis-reporting and selective editing by the press. Hence the reason one NBC producer is now out of a job.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    There is no indication Zimmerman 'pursued', 'detained', 'questioned', or 'ran up on' Martin in any way, shape or form.

Dispatchers/Call Takers cannot [[and did not) order or direct anyone to do anything. The Dispatcher/Call Taker said "We don't need you to do that". It was a statement, not even really a suggestion or request.

There has been a great deal of hype and posturing over this incident coupled with mis-reporting and selective editing by the press. Hence the reason one NBC producer is now out of a job.
    There is "indication" that Zimmerman pursued Trayvon - or else how did he end up on the grass in the altercation, which is several yards away from his car?

There is also now the legal statement given by Travyon's girlfriend to the FBI in which she recounted the verbal exchange and possibly altercation that she overheard between the two.

There is also the statement retrieved from the 911 call where Zimmerman tells the dispatcher to have the police call HIM when they get there so he could tell them where he was at.

Sure, the dispatcher did not explicitly state, "Sir, I am ordering you to stay in your car and do not approach the person". But most thinking intelligent people would take their simple but clear statement of "we don't need you to do that" to mean, they got this. Unless, you think you can do a better job..

So yes, those would be "indicators" of Zimmerman not staying put. And yes, there are conflicting indicators and everyone paying attention can pick and choose which ones they want to believe. That is precisely why this needs to go to trial, so evidence can be presented, and a jury can decide. In the meantime, I prefer to believe the ones that seem to be backed by logic and common sense, not just whatever seems to weigh most heavily in the killer's favor. Like his lawyers are doing with the Superfly script, shaken baby syndrome, and an endless parade of compensated witnesses.

And frankly, the edited call from NBC bears no weight on whether or not Zimmerman was justified in killing an unarmed teenager. And I really hate that people are being distracted by all of the nonsense about the call and the slight bruise on his head. The call only plays into whether or not it was a hate crime, but hate crime or not, it still needs to be a murder or manslaughter trial. Head bruise or not, you don't pull out a gun and shoot someone because they overpowered you in a fight that you started. And its obvious that his little head butt did not result in serious injury or "near diaperdom" as he has claimed. Had Zimmerman not had a gun, there might have been two males fighting and rolling around in the grass until police found them, and one or both might have had some bruises but they both would have gone home alive.

The racial profiling just adds another layer to what is still a "possible" manslaughter case.

Why doesn't this board have an Ignore feature
    There is one. Go under "Settings" and look for "Edit Ignore list".

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    There is one. Go under "Settings" and look for "Edit Ignore list".
    Thanks, Pam!

And sorry all, for my language, lol. I've calmed down now. I can handle fair debate with differing opinions, but it set me off to see someone saying that this kid got "gangsta" and was to blame for his own death. Like, seriously?

Woo-sahhhhhh.

He had every right to go gangsta and defend himself under Stand Your Ground.

Didn't Zimmerman go gangsta by pulling a gun and shooting someone who was just punching him?

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 15 ... LastLast