Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    Whether Trayvon Martin started hitting Zimmerman is a moot point. put yourself in his place: you are going home - a fact which any reasonable person must a gree that he had the right to do. some big guy you don't know is following you. What would you do?
    You can't attack someone just because they are following you and asking questions. If that were the case there would be a lot of annoying beggars and nosy old men getting their butts kicked.

Look, I remember being a 17 year old kid. I remember being followed, "profiled" and questioned. And I also remember that the instinctual response at that age wasn't always logical or what most would consider reasonable. I think that it's likely Trayvonn Martin and George Zimmerman both made some stupid mistakes that day, unfortunately some choices can't be taken back.

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    That's what this case is all about.

Not really. Even before the Stand Your Ground laws were passed in Florida someone in Zimmerman's situation would still have been legally justified in shooting if he was attacked and retreating was not an option [[Like when you're on your back on the ground). I actually lived in Sarasota, Florida when this law was enacted and was taking my CCW classes there in 2005. A fair amount of the classroom discussion pertained to this, and how it would affect us after the law passed.

Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post
    Well, he was a community watchman. It was his responsibility to OBSERVE.
    he was a self-appointed "neighborhood watch," not actually affiliated with any actual body. REAL neighborhood watch groups actually get input from police - at least those I have been associated with - and that includes an absolute - NEVER follow a suspect

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnny5 View Post
    Not really. Even before the Stand Your Ground laws were passed in Florida someone in Zimmerman's situation would still have been legally justified in shooting if he was attacked and retreating was not an option [[Like when you're on your back on the ground). I actually lived in Sarasota, Florida when this law was enacted and was taking my CCW classes there in 2005. A fair amount of the classroom discussion pertained to this, and how it would affect us after the law passed.
    So I can follow someone in a threatening manner, then when they confront me I can shoot them? face it - THAT IS WHAT HAPPENED HERE. Wasn't Trayvon Martin allowed to stand HIS ground, or doesn't that apply to "them?" Who was doing the wrong thing here? a kid going home or a self-appointed thug playing cop?

You can't attack someone just because they are following you and asking questions. If that were the case there would be a lot of annoying beggars and nosy old men getting their butts kicked.

Look, I remember being a 17 year old kid. I remember being followed, "profiled" and questioned. And I also remember that the instinctual response at that age wasn't always logical or what most would consider reasonable. I think that it's likely Trayvonn Martin and George Zimmerman both made some stupid mistakes that day, unfortunately some choices can't be taken back.
    then the responsibility falls on the fully adult acting out his "i'm a cop" fantasies who a) ignored police saying "we don't need you to do that" [[which anyone with half a brain knows is the polite way of saying "don't") 2) was armed - which goes against ANY neighborhood watch training I have been part of

Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post
    Remember right after this happened?? Jessie Jackson and Reverend Al came SPEEDING into Sanford, Florida screaming and stirring up the media about White on Black HATE CRIME. Riling up all the race baiters and making this a national issue.
    As soon as they found out Zimmerman was Hispanic, they disappeared and you haven't heard from them since.

Had Zimmerman been white, they both would STILL be in the media during the entire trial, and inciting riots if Zimmerman got off.
    And WHY did they disappear? Because if both these race baiters portrayed Hispanics as anti-black racists, they could disenfranchise Hispanics as DEMOCRAT VOTERS.

Yep, that's right. I quoted Myself

I have seen several sites calling Zimmerman a cracker because he's not "Hispanic Enough" because he's half White... If that's the standard, then why isn't Obama being called a cracker for being half White?
    Last edited by Papasito; July-08-13 at 04:40 PM.

SPIRITED Guest

Racism is government created. It is meant to divide. It is meant to attract minorities to the democrat party. The party that brought you pro slavery supporters in the south. The party very active in the KKK. Where there is division there is conflict needing government oversight. We are confused in governments role. Their role is to protect individual freedoms. Freedom is what everyone wants. Growing government is death of freedom and the continuance of slavery in a different form. It enslaves taxpayers to pay for bureaucracy. It enslaves future taxpayers in increases in national debt. What the glaringly obvious fight ought to be focused is understanding the state versus the people. Because everything they do is at the expense of the people.

Initially who approached who ? If Zimmerman was attacked it was only because he approached Martin, that is if he was really attacked.

Quote Originally Posted by SPIRITED View Post
    Racism is government created. It is meant to divide. It is meant to attract minorities to the democrat party. The party that brought you pro slavery supporters in the south. The party very active in the KKK. Where there is division there is conflict needing government oversight. We are confused in governments role. Their role is to protect individual freedoms. Freedom is what everyone wants. Growing government is death of freedom and the continuance of slavery in a different form. It enslaves taxpayers to pay for bureaucracy. It enslaves future taxpayers in increases in national debt. What the glaringly obvious fight ought to be focused is understanding the state versus the people. Because everything they do is at the expense of the people.
    Watch this:

Watch this:

Thank you for that! Nothing beats that kind of righteous indignation.

SPIRITED Guest

Great post rb336

SPIRITED Guest

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/...a-usage-657901 In reversal Florida judge allows testimony regarding Travon's marijuana usage the night of his murder

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/...a-usage-657901 In reversal Florida judge allows testimony regarding Travon's marijuana usage the night of his murder
    This is such an amusing approach by the defense. If anything, Trayvon's use of marijuana hurts Zimmerman's defense.

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    This is such an amusing approach by the defense. If anything, Trayvon's use of marijuana hurts Zimmerman's defense.
    Evidently the defense has only seen marijuana users in the classic "Reefer Madness"

SPIRITED Guest

Evidently the defense has only seen marijuana users in the classic "Reefer Madness"
    LOL rb336! Methinks the defense will use this to establish a "lifestyle" of law breaking and bad behavior.

Can we find out if Zimmerman has ever gotten a speeding ticket? He's a rebel, a loose cannon!

I haven't been following the trial that closely but a friend of mine felt the prosecution preparation was lacking, that they weren't doing a good job and as a result he wouldn't be surprised if Zimmerman walked. Wonder if some of you following the trial feel the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    I haven't been following the trial that closely but a friend of mine felt the prosecution preparation was lacking, that they weren't doing a good job and as a result he wouldn't be surprised if Zimmerman walked. Wonder if some of you following the trial feel the same way.
    They seem a bit inept, and this is Florida in a way Miami/FL isn't. Still very red in the neck. On the other hand, it is a female jury. The defense has done a good job of confusing the issue which is "what is the proximate cause of TM's death?" Whose actions caused it? I will withhold judgement until hearing the prosecutors closing

It's not going very well for the prosecution, but it's not due to a lack of preparation. They simply have very little evidence to discredit Zimmerman's claims of self defense. They're having to reach so far that many of their own witnesses actually ended up benefiting the defense. The original state attorney was well aware of this, and that's why charges were not brought against him in the first place. Of course then the race baiters and ratings hungry 24/7 media got involved and turned this tragedy into a complete circus.
    Last edited by Johnnny5; July-09-13 at 10:56 PM.

Sure they do. Simple logic. Is it self defense when YOUR actions caused another person to feel he had to defend himself? If they don't make that argument in the closing, they don't want to win this case.

If I was following you - i'm a very big person and some people think I can look pretty scary - would you feel you had the right to defend yourself against me? That is EXACTLY the case we have here. Zimmerman was the aggressor. Or do you dispute that he was following Martin [[who had every right to be where he was) around?

Default The History of White People

"The History of White People", by Nell Irvin Painter, is a profound source of historical information on this topic.

Sure they do. Simple logic. Is it self defense when YOUR actions caused another person to feel he had to defend himself? If they don't make that argument in the closing, they don't want to win this case.

If I was following you - i'm a very big person and some people think I can look pretty scary - would you feel you had the right to defend yourself against me? That is EXACTLY the case we have here. Zimmerman was the aggressor. Or do you dispute that he was following Martin [[who had every right to be where he was) around?
    Again, you can't legally attack someone just because they are following you. We had this exact same discussion here last year, so I don't see a need to do so again.

Below is a link to an interview with former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani [[And a long time former prosecutor) who is discussing the case.

http://m.soundcloud.com/seanhannitys...sses-zimmerman
    Last edited by Johnnny5; July-10-13 at 12:28 PM.

What's the federal Justice Department doing involving itself in anti-Zimmerman marches? This article claims it was helping facilitate these marches. Considering the right wing source, maybe it was just an attempt to keep things peaceful at these marches. Whichever is the case, what delegated power compels the federal Justice Department to involve itself, in any way, in this matter? I thought the Obama Justice department's function was to supply weapons to Mexican drug lords.

Docs: Justice Department facilitated anti-Zimmerman protests

-edited to add a better link form Judicial Watch. One of the comments was, "how is this NOT an attempt to obstruct justice?"

Documents Obtained by Judicial Watch Detail Role of Justice Department in Organizing Trayvon Martin Protests
    Last edited by oladub; July-10-13 at 03:08 PM.

Again, you can't legally attack someone just because they are following you. We had this exact same discussion here last year, so I don't see a need to do so again.
    but you are allowed to shoot the person who confronts you for following them. frankly, I fully buy that Martin confronted the much bigger Zimmerman. then he got the better of him. Then come the FACT that there was NOT A SINGLE TRACE of Martin on the gun. If it happened as Z said, when M was on top of him, M's blood would be on it. Z got pissed, having been bested by a small guy, and shot him. That scenario fits ALL of the evidence

and i don't give a damn what one right-wing jackass says on another right -wing jackass' show

and i don't give a damn what one right-wing jackass says on another right -wing jackass' show
    I do have some respect for Rudy "one trick pony" Giuliani but Hannity its tough to take anything he says or does seriously

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast