Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnny5 View Post
    Yeah, I am well aware of that.

Since he can't participate in a discussion without mocking those with an opposing view, I really see no point in reading his posts.
    Good. I haven't seen an opposing view that made a lick of sense for me to want to be held in esteem by the fool that held that view.

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    Fired??? He should have been given a medal for outstanding work. This country has really gone to pot. Now we make marters out of worthless lowlife thugs. DISGUSTING!!!

yeah, why do you lionize low-life scum like Zimmerman?

What amazes me about that video, allegedly taken shortly after the incident, is that Zimmerman shows absolutely ZERO signs of the physical injuries of which he released alleged pictures

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    What amazes me about that video, allegedly taken shortly after the incident, is that Zimmerman shows absolutely ZERO signs of the physical injuries of which he released alleged pictures
    i agree, i can see right past the charade of that spongebob kids bandaid he put on his head to garner sympathy.....

one word - fake blood capsules

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    What amazes me about that video, allegedly taken shortly after the incident,
    It was shot the next day, not 'shortly after'. After several hours, treatment by the medics and possibly the visit to his doctor [[not sure when he went there). Definitely enough time for cleanup of any wounds.

Zimmerman defense releases tapes of his shooting account

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...ing/55748014/1

Zimmerman say Travon went for his gun.... Part of article:

Zimmerman said Trayvon yelled, "Yo, you got a problem?" and walked toward him.

"No, I don't have a problem," Zimmerman said he answered.

Zimmerman said Trayvon responded, " 'You got a problem now.' And then he was here and he punched me in the face."

Zimmerman stood on a grassy patch showing police where he said he stumbled and fell on his back. He said Trayvon landed on top of him.

The two struggled, Zimmerman said. He said he never hit Trayvon but tried to push him away. Trayvon, he said, grabbed his head and slammed it against the concrete.

"I kept yelling, 'Help. Help,' " he told police. He said Trayvon put one hand over his nose and the other over his mouth and yelled for him to "shut the [[expletive) up."

He said somebody opened a back door during the commotion and Zimmerman called for help. The person said he called police.

"I said, 'No. Help me, I need help,' " Zimmerman said, but no one came.
    Zimmerman's shirt and jacket were pushed up during the commotion, exposing the Kel-Tec 9mm handgun on his right hip. Zimmerman said Trayvon looked at it and said, "You're going to die tonight, mother [[expletive)."

Trayvon took his hand off Zimmerman's mouth and reached for the weapon, Zimmerman said.

Zimmerman said he got it first.

"I grabbed my firearm and just shot him, one time," he said, using his hand to make a gun and shooting motion. He said Trayvon sat up and said, " 'Oh, you got me. You got it.' Something like that."
    Last edited by Zacha341; June-22-12 at 06:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Zimmerman defense releases tapes of his shooting account

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...ing/55748014/1

Zimmerman say Travon went for his gun.... Part of article:

Zimmerman said Trayvon yelled, "Yo, you got a problem?" and walked toward him.

"No, I don't have a problem," Zimmerman said he answered.

Zimmerman said Trayvon responded, " 'You got a problem now.' And then he was here and he punched me in the face."

Zimmerman stood on a grassy patch showing police where he said he stumbled and fell on his back. He said Trayvon landed on top of him.

The two struggled, Zimmerman said. He said he never hit Trayvon but tried to push him away. Trayvon, he said, grabbed his head and slammed it against the concrete.

"I kept yelling, 'Help. Help,' " he told police. He said Trayvon put one hand over his nose and the other over his mouth and yelled for him to "shut the [[expletive) up."

He said somebody opened a back door during the commotion and Zimmerman called for help. The person said he called police.

"I said, 'No. Help me, I need help,' " Zimmerman said, but no one came.
    Zimmerman's shirt and jacket were pushed up during the commotion, exposing the Kel-Tec 9mm handgun on his right hip. Zimmerman said Trayvon looked at it and said, "You're going to die tonight, mother [[expletive)."

Trayvon took his hand off Zimmerman's mouth and reached for the weapon, Zimmerman said.

Zimmerman said he got it first.

"I grabbed my firearm and just shot him, one time," he said, using his hand to make a gun and shooting motion. He said Trayvon sat up and said, " 'Oh, you got me. You got it.' Something like that."
    Sounds far more believable than that lying story that Trayvon's family made up.

I am always suspect of the 'he went for my gun' thing when it comes up later as a testimony.

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    Sounds far more believable than that lying story that Trayvon's family made up.
    Last edited by Zacha341; June-22-12 at 06:09 AM.

After being beaten to the ground by Towering Black Football Player Trayvon Martin, Zimmerman reluctantly pulls the trigger in self-defense. Martin falls back and lets loose a mighty African laugh. "So it begins!" he cries [[translated from thug language).

The transponder on his wrist contacts the White House, where Operation Caliphate sits waiting.

"Your majesty," cries an aide [[likely homosexual), "Agent Martin, codenamed Fire of Allah, has completed his mission!"

Imam Hussein Obama clasps his hands and smirks, a "jazz cigarette" in his mouth. "And now the honkies will pay."

Since this thread has turned into a complete joke this will be my last comment here.

I've looked at this tragedy from both sides, and while I agree that Zimmerman made a completely stupid decision by following Trayvon, I still can't see anything that he did that was illegal [[Of course that's assuming his account of the events is factual). If George Zimmerman would have stayed in his yard and let the police do their job none of this would have happened, and if Trayvon Martin would have politely responded to Zimmerman's questions none of this would have happened. Two guys acting like hard asses and the end result leaves one dead and many lives ruined.

As for how this case will play out, the more details emerge it's increasing looking like Zimmerman is not going to be found guilty. Considering his injuries, apparent witness statements backing his story and that the burden of proof is on the prosecution, unless there's some damning undisclosed evidence Zimmerman is going to walk at the end of this trial and that's when things are going to get really ugly.

The media loves to inject race into every news story, but they went beyond reason in doing so in this case. After this is all over [[And when I mean "all over" I mean after the trial, retrial and riots) there needs to be some serious discussion among the major media outlets on how their actions turned one tragic death into many.

Good points. I too have tried to look at this from both sides. It's going to be a rough ride from here out re. this case.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnny5 View Post
    I've looked at this tragedy from both sides, and while I agree that Zimmerman made a completely stupid decision by following Trayvon, I still can't see anything that he did that was illegal [[Of course that's assuming his account of the events is factual). If George Zimmerman would have stayed in his yard and let the police do their job none of this would have happened, and if Trayvon Martin would have politely responded to Zimmerman's questions none of this would have happened. Two guys acting like hard asses and the end result leaves one dead and many lives ruined....

Two guys acting like hard asses
    The only account that says Trayvon was acting like a "hard ass" is the story of the guy who killed him. Sorry, that has no credibility.

I wonder what the people that don't believe Zimmermans story think???

Did Zimmerman just walk up to Trayvon and shoot him in cold blood, just whipped out the gun and shot him??? Does that really sound likely?

What I don't understand is why Zimmerman's now claiming Martin went for his gun? Why didn't he say that in the initial report[[s)?

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    I wonder what the people that don't believe Zimmermans story think???

Did Zimmerman just walk up to Trayvon and shoot him in cold blood, just whipped out the gun and shot him??? Does that really sound likely?

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    What I don't understand is why Zimmerman's now claiming Martin went for his gun? Why didn't he say that in the initial report[[s)?

This IS the initial report. It was taken the day after the incident, long before the press got a hold of the story. It's probably as fresh and 'un-spun' as anything the public has seen.

It's being released now by court order.

Thank you for the clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    This IS the initial report. It was taken the day after the incident, long before the press got a hold of the story. It's probably as fresh and 'un-spun' as anything the public has seen.

It's being released now by court order.

in my hearing of his explanation, i don't think he says Trayvon WAS going for his gun but rather that he THOUGHT he MIGHT be going for his gun

anytime you have a gun holstered and are in a scuffle its the first thing you think of, regardless of the other persons intentions or not...

ask a police officer, if they are in a wrestliing match with someone, they are taught and their instict is immediatly to protect access to their weapon....

so of course no matter what Trayvons intentions were, if the story is true, if im on the ground getting pummeled by someone and i have a gun, im thinking what will happen if he gets ahold of my weapon???

If somebody was following me and threatened me with a gun before engaging in a physical confrontation, I may go for the gun, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    If somebody was following me and threatened me with a gun before engaging in a physical confrontation,
    Still missing the basics of the case, aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Still missing the basics of the case, aren't you?
    No, but it sounds like you are. A very simple, obvious, and clearly righteous decision made by Zimmerman could have prevented this entire thing.

This is what happens when an amateur tries to do a police officer's job.

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    No, but it sounds like you are. A very simple, obvious, and clearly righteous decision made by Zimmerman could have prevented this entire thing.
    Exactly. I'm amazed at why the rabid right wing expects an immature teenager to behave in a far more mature manner than a fully grown adult. How many children come up missing every year for simply answering questions some strange adult asks them? It's not very often a van pulls up, someone jumps out and snatches a kid, throws them in the back of the van, closes the doors and then speeds off. Usually the stranger tries to earn the child's trust first before abducting/assaulting them, or whatever else. It makes sense that an immature teenager would be frightened by some strange man following him, a fact that his girlfriend already spoke about.

Now we're supposed to believe Zimmerman shot Trayvon because he thought he was going for his gun. So Zimmerman couldn't just secure the gun? He couldn't fire off a warning shot? He had to kill Trayvon because he might go after his gun? Does any rational person not believe that Zimmerman is at least partially culpable for this incident? And if he is then he deserves to be prosecuted. You may say, "well about about Trayvon, he was partially culpable too?" To which I'd say, "uh, ummm, well, errr... HE'S DEAD, DUMBASS!!!!"

However, I'm not supposed to mock these silly assertions, I'm supposed to treat them as if any rational, non-rabid right-wing nutcase would find them plausable. Even Republican politicians can't run on the "Trayvon was a wild out of control thug that stalked down Zimmerman and forced him to shoot him" nonsense because even they see it as an off the wall ascertion. Allen West, one of the nuttiest Tea Party members even thinks Zimmerman was in the wrong.

I'm supposed to take those who want to make Zimmerman a hero at all costs as serious? Now that's a true joke right there!

Btw Brizee, excellent post!

I'm still trying to figure out how it was Zimmerman doing all of that screaming in the 911 tapes - if Trayvon had BOTH hands on his mouth/face? Wouldn't Zimmerman have been suffocating? Yet, he was still able to talk to the resident who opened the door? From his account, Trayvon was holding his mouth shut, but he was able to speak, not once, but twice, to the person who opened the door.

Not only that, Trayvon would have had to have been straddling his groin area in order to see the gun. If you're on top of someone, your body is generally around their stomach or chest. Where was the gun? If it was suddenly "exposed', how did either of them "see" it or even "feel" it exposed, if they're fighting?

In addition, he says he took his free hand and grabbed the gun - if they're fighting, wouldn't both of his hands have been busy trying to save his own life? Or were they just laying there at his side, conveniently available to grab at the gun once it was exposed?

And if both of Trayvon's hands were busy holding his face down, wouldn't that have been the opportune time to just pull out the gun?

And, how could Trayvon be banging his head on the ground until near death, if he's pressing both hands on his face?

Heck, I didn't even go to detective school and these things stood out to me as I watched the video, so I'm sure the prosecutors are seeking to answer these questions already. It's crazy to me how the Zimmerman fans refuse to see the logic that's staring them right in the face. This video contradicts every other account he's given!

You guys are overthinking this and reaching for anything you can to support your conclusions.

Quote Originally Posted by Detwa View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out how it was Zimmerman doing all of that screaming in the 911 tapes - if Trayvon had BOTH hands on his mouth/face? Wouldn't Zimmerman have been suffocating? Yet, he was still able to talk to the resident who opened the door? From his account, Trayvon was holding his mouth shut, but he was able to speak, not once, but twice, to the person who opened the door.

Not only that, Trayvon would have had to have been straddling his groin area in order to see the gun. If you're on top of someone, your body is generally around their stomach or chest. Where was the gun? If it was suddenly "exposed', how did either of them "see" it or even "feel" it exposed, if they're fighting?

In addition, he says he took his free hand and grabbed the gun - if they're fighting, wouldn't both of his hands have been busy trying to save his own life? Or were they just laying there at his side, conveniently available to grab at the gun once it was exposed?

And if both of Trayvon's hands were busy holding his face down, wouldn't that have been the opportune time to just pull out the gun?

And, how could Trayvon be banging his head on the ground until near death, if he's pressing both hands on his face?

Heck, I didn't even go to detective school and these things stood out to me as I watched the video, so I'm sure the prosecutors are seeking to answer these questions already. It's crazy to me how the Zimmerman fans refuse to see the logic that's staring them right in the face. This video contradicts every other account he's given!
    wow, you are a regular matlock...

if zimmerman was a black guy, trayvon would be a spec of nothing and forgotten....

if trayvon were anything but black he would be a spec of nothing and forgotten...

its all about race....

and BTW, trayvon wasn't the young innocent looking kid that the media pictures portreyed at the onset of the incident.... ask why the media decided to portrey him this way??? race baiting, divide and conquer....

the only thing that went wrong was they picked the wrong "white guy" to make the scape goat, cause Zimmerman is NOT WHITE.....

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast