Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Since none of us know exactly what happened how about we consider for a moment that George Zimmerman's version of the events is exactly how everything played out.

Mr. Zimmerman saw a man that he considered suspicious looking, followed him in his vehicle and then on foot. When he lost sight of that man he turned around and while walking back to his vehicle he was confronted by Trayvon, knocked to the ground, thrown into the pavement and only fired his gun in self defense.

---IF--- this is how it actually went down then Trayvon was the first and only person breaking a law. It might be stupid, but it's not against the law to follow or question someone in public.

I know most everyone here does not believe George Zimmerman's account of the incident, but I don't see how anyone can say for sure that it did not happen exactly as he stated.
    Last edited by Johnnny5; April-17-12 at 10:02 PM.

Author of "stand your ground" law: George Zimmerman should probably be arrested for killing Trayvon Martin

It is the fact that Zimmerman ignored the 911 operator's advice not to follow Martin that former Sen. Peaden says disqualifies him from claiming self-defense under the law.

"The guy lost his defense right then," Peaden told the Miami Herald. "When he said 'I'm following him,' he lost his defense."
    http://http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-5...rayvon-martin/

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnny5 View Post
    Since none of us know exactly what happened how about we consider for a moment that George Zimmerman's version of the events is exactly how everything played out.

Mr. Zimmerman saw a man that he considered suspicious looking, followed him in his vehicle and then on foot. When he lost sight of that man he turned around and while walking back to his vehicle he was confronted by Trayvon, knocked to the ground, thrown into the pavement and only fired his gun in self defense.

---IF--- this is how it actually went down then Trayvon was the first and only person breaking a law. It might be stupid, but it's not against the law to follow or question someone in public.

I know most everyone here does not believe George Zimmerman's account of the incident, but I don't see how anyone can say for sure that it did not happen exactly as he stated.
    Zimmerman's account isn't reasonable, so why should anyone believe it?

Quote Originally Posted by ejames01 View Post
    Zimmerman's account isn't reasonable, so why should anyone believe it?
    Thank you! And that's the crux of all of this - Zimmerman's account makes absolutely no sense, which is why the first detective to interview him WANTED to and TRIED to have him arrested, stating that he didn't believe him! But all of that was brushed under the rug in their efforts to cover up the murder. It boggles my mind how certain people are trying so hard to "consider Zimmerman's side" when its so blatantly full of lies and fantasies! His defenders are just as despicable and disgusting as the killer they're defending.

Following for innocent or evil intent is in the mind of the people involved. Trayvon was afraid of this man following him, or so he told the friend on the phone. Does not make logical sense for him to attack someone who is walking away from him. Also does not match what the phone witness heard.

Exactly, Vetal!

I have actually belonged to both Neighborhood Watch and Mobile Watch.

Mobile Watch provides for citizen patrols via marked motor vehicles. At no time is the team authorized to get out of the vehicle to follow someone. If a person being spotted by Mobile Watch flees, the team is supposed to report the activity, location and direction, NOT to get out of the vehicle or chase them in any way.

Mobile Watchers are in constant contact with Police Emergency either directly or via a trained dispatcher.

Neighborhood Watch, otoh, is citizens observing from their own property or in their area. They are expected to remain out of contact with the observed person at all times. Their contact with the police would be by their own phone.

Oh, yes, since both programs are police sponsored, NO weapons is one of the first rules.
    Last edited by gazhekwe; April-19-12 at 01:39 PM.

A photo has been made public showing a closeup of some of the injuries Zimmerman claims to have received the night of the shooting.

http://gma.yahoo.com/warning-graphic...opstories.html

A photo has been made public showing a closeup of some of the injuries Zimmerman claims to have received the night of the shooting.

You mean the photoshop job that was done when the police surveillance video showed NO signs of injusry, especially to that extent? If his injuries were that bad then Zimmerman should have been in the hospital, had a cat scan done, madd x rays and THEN he would have gone to the station.

I call bullshit and propaganda because I as someone who does design and image editing in photoshop can take a healthy person photo and make them look like they were the victim of over kill too...

its not hard...

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit Stylin View Post
    You mean the photoshop job ....
    OK, now you're just being silly.

That "blood" doesn't even look remotely real

Zimmerman's only hope in this case is if his lawyers can muddy the waters with this self defense claim they are going to use. As much as I hate it, it could work due to the lack of witnesses that saw the actual incident.

Personally I don't believe the self defense story, but with many years of jail staring at him, I can't blame him for doing it.

The prosecution on the other hand will have the recreate the incident timelines and movements of TM and GZ to such an extent that reasonable doubt doesn't come into play.

I think its going to be a tough case for the prosecution to win a second degree murder verdict.

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    Zimmerman's only hope in this case is if his lawyers can muddy the waters ...

I think its going to be a tough case for the prosecution to win a second degree murder verdict.
    The prosecution's only hope is that they can muddy the waters.

I'll agree with your other point though.

----

Bond set at $150,000

Some places will allow you to post 10% cash or surety. Not sure if that applies here.
    Last edited by Meddle; April-20-12 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    The prosecution's only hope is that they can muddy the waters.

I'll agree with your other point though.
    Don't get it twisted, I think GZ is guilty but the legal system is about what can be proven. The prosecution will lay out its case and it will be a good one but will it satisfy the beyond reasonable doubt standard, thats what I wonder.

Regardless of what happens the civil suit should bankrupt GZ since thats a lesser standard that TM's family lawyers should meet.

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    Zimmerman's only hope in this case is if his lawyers can muddy the waters with this self defense claim they are going to use. As much as I hate it, it could work due to the lack of witnesses that saw the actual incident.

Personally I don't believe the self defense story, but with many years of jail staring at him, I can't blame him for doing it.

The prosecution on the other hand will have the recreate the incident timelines and movements of TM and GZ to such an extent that reasonable doubt doesn't come into play.

Some facts will surely be questionable. Unfortunately, actions of the Sanford police department, or lack thereof, will allow for substantial disputation of facts.

Hopefully, in the end, the truth [[fact and law) will prevail.

Regardless of the outcome in this particular case, it will remain important to all Americans that Stand Your Ground [[as written) is carefully evaluated.

Regardless of any injury he may or may not have on his head, the bigger issue is whether or not he started the fight and forced Trayvon to defend himself, leading to his death. So what if Zimmerman got his ass kicked, Trayvon was standing HIS ground and that makes Zimmerman wrong for killing him. I can't wait for the trial! Zimmerman has shown over and over that he is a liar, he even lied today on the stand when he said he didn't know how old Trayvon was, when he told the 911 operator that he thought the KID looked to be in his late teens. He will lie and say anything to save himself and I can't believe the judge and prosecution didn't pick up on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Detwa View Post
    Regardless of any injury he may or may not have on his head, the bigger issue is whether or not he started the fight and forced Trayvon to defend himself, leading to his death.
    I agree. Hopefully the jury can weigh all the evidence and make a determination one way or the other.

Plus if this photograph showing Zimmerman's "injuries" was legitimate, why did it take so long to show up? If he was bleeding like a stuck pig, why didn't the police take him to the hospital? Why is there no record of his medical treatment?
    No shouts of foul by the defense when the video from the police station showing an apparently uninjured GZ walking through the station?

But even if the pics are legitimate, does it matter? It still doesn't change the fact that he followed TM. That he left his vehicle against the direction of the PD and apparently iniated some type of confrontation. It does not change the fact that he shot an unarmed teen. Getting your ass whipped, in a fistfight that you started, still does not justify using lethal force.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevgoblue View Post
    That he left his vehicle against the direction of the PD and apparently iniated some type of confrontation.

Getting your ass whipped, in a fistfight that you started, still does not justify using lethal force.

None of the bolded is true. You know that, yet you refuse to see it.

The first statement is indisputable. The other 2 are my opinion.

GZ in his defense will have to rely on the "reasonable person" standard.
    Even the act of getting out of his vehicle to persue TM will fall short here. A teen walking down the street, talking on a cell phone is certainly not sufficient to convince a reasonable person that some type of criminal occurance is eminant.

Sorry Meddle. Absolutely nothing in GZ's story passes the smell test.

Marissa Alexander, in Florida:
    After getting a personal protection order from her estranged husband, he shows up, gets combative, refuses to leave. She gets her registered hand gun and fires a warning shot through the roof. The State Of Florida charges her with a crime that might get her a twenty year sentence. Meanwhile, Dudley DoRight kills a kid who was minding his own business, after the police told Dudley to back off. He gets nearly a quarter million dollars, and counting!

I hope that the law does prevail here, and I think a lot of people will be angry at the outcome. I do believe that Zimmerman is guilty of something, and the prosecuter is wrong with calling that something murder.

I don't understand how a city like Detroit can have over 300 murders annually, and non of them ever get any national attention and no one outside of the area seem to care, yet this gets so much attention.

To some extent it is because black on black crime has less value [[relative to the participants and its frequency, etc.) and media traction for those who have an agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrytimes View Post
    I don't understand how a city like Detroit can have over 300 murders annually, and non of them ever get any national attention and no one outside of the area seem to care, yet this gets so much attention.
    Last edited by Zacha341; May-06-12 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrytimes View Post

Maybe becuase people are still choosing to leave their blinders on in this case even in light of the pile of evidence that continues to get bigger against Zimmerman ands Sanford PD, os that this 'man' was allowed to walk away and remain free for almost two months after shooting an unarmed teenager. I dont give a damn how big he was he was still just seventeen and unarmed. SO THATS is why this gets more attention than a murder in Detroit does.

Oh and asides the fact that when the murder gets caught, he gets ARRESTED IMMEDIATELY, not set free while the 'investigation' goes on....

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit Stylin View Post
    Maybe becuase people are still choosing to leave their blinders on in this case even in light of the pile of evidence
    In your case I have heard the pile described as coprophilia.

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast