Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 18 ... LastLast

I wouldn't be too surprised to see charges dismissed before trial.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Why do you so fiercely believe that Trayvon assaulted Zimmerman with no just cause? You seem completely unrelenting in that sentiment. I doubt you'll answer this as I think you're just trolling. I've never seen you make a logical post on this website regardless of subject anyhow. I think you're just here posting nonsense to pass the time.

Following in Detwa's footsteps, onto the ignore list you go....

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    It is quite curious that they chose "Second Degree Murder" knowing how hard that will be to prove with the "Stand Your Ground" law.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    It is quite curious that they chose "Second Degree Murder" knowing how hard that will be to prove with the "Stand Your Ground" law.
    I believe they may make the case that stand your ground doesn't apply since Zimmerman initiated the chain of events by approaching Trayvon in the beginning which resulted in his death.

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    I believe they may make the case that stand your ground doesn't apply since Zimmerman initiated the chain of events by approaching ....

Apparently that wouldn't even matter [[if it were true).

Florida's "Stand Your Ground" law allows even the original aggressor in a fight to use deadly force - if that person becomes reasonably afraid of being killed or seriously hurt.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-...an-questioned/

But again, there is no proof that Zimmerman approached Martin at all. That's what people want to believe for some reason, but no factual account or report has been posted on any media site to that effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnny5 View Post
    If Zimmerman's account of the events is truthful the "Stand your ground law" is really not even an issue in this case. According to Mr. Zimmerman he was attacked by Trayvon and knocked to the ground while he was walking back to his vehicle. If this is true then retreat was not an option and the shooting would be considered self defense even if a legal requirement to retreat first still existed.

So in essence you are saying that Even though he did not identify himself and even IF Trayvon 'attacked' Zimmerman that Trayvon did not have those very same rights to stand his ground and defend himself against what he couldk have possibly felt to be a threat to his own safety since this strange man kept following him and accosted him without identifying himself? Some of you are pretty dang hypocritical...

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit Stylin View Post
    So in essence you are saying that Even though he did not identify himself and even IF Trayvon 'attacked' Zimmerman that Trayvon did not have those very same rights to stand his ground and defend himself against what he couldk have possibly felt to be a threat to his own safety since this strange man kept following him and accosted him without identifying himself? Some of you are pretty dang hypocritical...

Here is a pic of the area [[lifted from Websleuths). If GZ was in his vehicle, I don't see how he came in contact with Trayvon without approaching him -- since it's a sidewalk behind buildings and all.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks for posting that, Roq. I have been wondering about that, since so many of the witnesses indicated they were behind the houses, yet some insisted Trayvon went up to the car to accost Zimmerman. So much garbage out there, good to sort out some truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit Stylin View Post
    Of course Trayvon had the right to defend himself, and if Mr Zimmerman is shown to be the one who escalated this altercation into something physical then he should be held responsible for what resulted. On the other hand, I don't think that being questioned and followed should be considered a justifiable reason to double back and assault someone. I'm not saying that's what happened, but no one else was there to see it so we really don't know.
    Last edited by Johnnny5; April-14-12 at 10:08 PM.

Last edited by oladub; April-14-12 at 10:37 PM. Reason: problem with link

Quote Originally Posted by gazhekwe View Post
    yet some insisted Trayvon went up to the car to accost Zimmerman.
    Who said that?

Thanks for posting that, Roq. I have been wondering about that, since so many of the witnesses indicated they were behind the houses, yet some insisted Trayvon went up to the car to accost Zimmerman. So much garbage out there, good to sort out some truth.
    You're welcome Gaz. Also, from what they were saying on that thread, GZ was in his car near the tree in the lower right hand corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Roq View Post
    I don't see how he came in contact with Trayvon without approaching him --

Have you even bothered to read any of the factual accounts? Or are you only focused on rumor and innuendo?

One more time, for anyone interested in fact over fiction......

The reports state GZ lost sight of TM and left his vehicle on foot to try and locate him. When he was unable to, he began to return to his vehicle. Sometime after that, GZ states he was attacked. Whether that's true or not, we'll never know since there is no other first hand account.

Following is NOT approaching.

If you can't locate someone, you can't approach them.

There is no factual statement that GZ approached TM.

Until some other factual account is provided, anyone assuming that GZ approached TM is doing so based on fantasy and what they would LIKE to think happened.

We simply don't know any more that what has been posted publicly in the media and on the official police report.

We may never know 100% what happened in those critical 2 minutes or so, but there's no reason to make things up either.

If someone you didn't know was following you on your way home, how would you feel? TM would have been FAR more justified in shooting Zimmerman

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    If someone you didn't know was following you on your way home, how would you feel? TM would have been FAR more justified in shooting Zimmerman
    You seriously see more justification in shooting someone because they are following you in broad daylight, than to shoot someone that physically attacks you and knocks you to the ground?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnny5 View Post
    You seriously see more justification in shooting someone because they are following you in broad daylight, than to shoot someone that physically attacks you and knocks you to the ground?
    I see far more justification in shooting an armed man who IS stalking you, and no matter how the nutjobs try to twist Zimmerman's actions, he WAS stalking the kid

Not only following you, in the dark, but he had to get awfully close to you for you to punch him. If you're walking that close to me at night and we're the only two people around, then you'd better greet me or say something or veer a wide arc around, or else i'm going to see you as a threat and start preparing to defend myself once you get within my personal space. From the statement given by Trayvon's girlfriend [[whom I choose to believe) Zimmerman came right upon Trayvon and a scuffle occurred immediately.

Zimmerman wants people to believe that he turned around and headed back to his car, and this kid decides to take him out [[don't forget the hilariously ridiculously one-liners he claims Trayvon said to him). But Trayvon's girlfriend indicates that he was afraid and walking fast to try to get away from him.

I choose to believe the witness statements that are logical and plausible.

Quote Originally Posted by Detwa View Post
    Not only following you, in the dark, but he had to get awfully close to you for you to punch him. If you're walking that close to me at night and we're the only two people around, then you'd better greet me or say something or veer a wide arc around, or else i'm going to see you as a threat and start preparing to defend myself once you get within my personal space. From the statement given by Trayvon's girlfriend [[whom I choose to believe) Zimmerman came right upon Trayvon and a scuffle occurred immediately.

Zimmerman wants people to believe that he turned around and headed back to his car, and this kid decides to take him out [[don't forget the hilariously ridiculously one-liners he claims Trayvon said to him). But Trayvon's girlfriend indicates that he was afraid and walking fast to try to get away from him.

Detwa, you are a blessing. I wish there were more logical level headed people like you in the world.

I found this to be helpful too.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...on-martin.html

Quote Originally Posted by Detwa View Post

I'm glad that i am not the only one who thinks that what GZ's father and brother says the things that trayvon said to GZ [[before the scuffle even began mind you), sounds like something out of a bad action movie.....

OMG what a dreary depressing-looking cookie-cutter environment. "Just shoot me now."

Zimmerman has no credibility. He has a motive to lie to cover his ass. So far nothing matches his version of events. Not the phone calls, not the statements of the neighbors.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    Zimmerman has no credibility. He has a motive to lie to cover his ass. So far nothing matches his version of events. Not the phone calls, not the statements of the neighbors.

And the fact that during the entire six minutes of the police surveillance video, considering this is a man who had his head repeatedly slammed into the ground and suffered a broken nose, you can see from a myriad of angles in this video that he has absolutely no problems walking and moving on his own, not to mention the lack of bandages and blood on his shirt visible clealy in his OPEN jacket. I mean he doesnt appear to even have so much as a bandaid on...

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7403692n
    Last edited by Detroit Stylin; April-16-12 at 09:39 AM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    I don't understand why some folks are so accepting of what this man claimed happens. Is it so hard to believe that he would llie to avoid going to prison? There is nothing in Zimmerman's history that would show that he takes responsibility for his actions.

So, let me get this right. The only right answer, the only 'justice' is for GZ to spend the rest of his life in prison, no matter what really happened?

No trial, no evidence, just lock him up and weld the door shut?

Is that what some of you would like to see?

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 18 ... LastLast