Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    It will get interesting when he puts his flag up.
    Old photo, I believe he has [[wisely/thankfully) retired that particular flag.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    I totally agree, but the implication was that Kid Rock is moving to Detroit, not that Kid Rock is buying a property in Detroit. Two very different things.
    Not really. Celebrities tend to have many houses, which one is their "home" where they "live" is only expressed on a tax form, because one can not have multiple primary residences, it doesn't mean they spend most of their time at one residence. Not sure where Kid Rock has his homes, but others tend to choose to have residences in both California and New York City, along with one in/near their hometown. Or they might have an international residence as well, in Europe or Latin America. But considering that Kid Rock is from the Detroit area, there might be a good chance his primary residence on his tax forms would be in Detroit... but how much $$ the taxes are, isn't that important to him, neither is the investment potential, he is a millionaire... he want's a nice large house in Detroit on the river... that narrows it down a bit, and Berry Sub is one of the only places to get that.

Kid bought a very nice house. Amazingly cool location.

And, there's is no possibility that it will become his "principal residence" as the tax lawyers say. He is not going to cough up 2.5% of his multi-million annual income. He has the place in Macomb County. Selling that residence and living primarily in Detroit would cost him hundreds of thousands of dollars per year. His CPA won't let that happen.

Quote Originally Posted by swingline View Post
    Kid bought a very nice house. Amazingly cool location.

And, there's is no possibility that it will become his "principal residence" as the tax lawyers say. He is not going to cough up 2.5% of his multi-million annual income. He has the place in Macomb County. Selling that residence and living primarily in Detroit would cost him hundreds of thousands of dollars per year. His CPA won't let that happen.
    Exactly. He is probably his own corporation with his world headquarters in the Cayman Islands. LOL

Yes, but that means it likely won't be an investment property. It say nothing about whether it will be a primary residence.
    Ugh. You're the one who brought up primary residence! We all know celebrities have multiple houses - I said home - home means different things to different people.

LET IT GO, HOMIE. Sorry he didn't buy in Birmingham!

This one he will not have to do much work, pictures show its in very good condition. 9090 Dwight built in 1930 one of 5 homes on Dwight designed by Joseph Jogerst. All five were for members of the Weber family.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Good for him.

More celebrities from the Detroit area should be a bit more loyal to their roots. Why don't people like Lily Tomlin, from Highland Park, or Diana Ross from the projects, to name only two, spring for something that would help stem the blight and decay of the places from which they came?

Quote Originally Posted by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast View Post
    Good for him.

More celebrities from the Detroit area should be a bit more loyal to their roots. Why don't people like Lily Tomlin, from Highland Park, or Diana Ross from the projects, to name only two, spring for something that would help stem the blight and decay of the places from which they came?
    Yea maybe Mitt Romney should buy his childhood home in Palmer Woods.

Is buying a house supposed to make up for his appearance with Romney?

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...ary-eve-rally/

And leave the vampire squid out of any discussion of Goldman Sachs. They've got enough problems surviving in the increasingly acid ocean.

http://www.google.com/imgres?start=6...t:429,r:1,s:66

Quote Originally Posted by MidTownMs View Post
    Kid Rock buys a 10,000 sq. ft. house in Indian Village for $550,000.00...But will he live there?
    http://www.freep.com/article/20120315/ENT04/120315075

Maybe.Maybe not. The most important thing,to me at least,is will the home/grounds be maintained&city taxes paid. As long as those important things are attended to I won't much care if Kid lives there[[full time) or not.

With that house, Kid Rock can single-handedly keep the boat races afloat for the next several decades. That neighborhood is also rather hospitable that weekend.

I always wanted a house on one of the canals near Jeff/Chalmers, and be able to take a boat from my backyard to downtown [[ok, chene st. marina) and then walk or bike to work.

Maybe he's planning on running for Mayor......watch out Bing.

Knew some previous/previous owners of the house that is shown in pics. They did some amazing art and lived between here and key west.

Amazing river frontage!

Very great, if that is the house he bought. Old homes take lots of bucks to maintain, if not restore. He has it!

Cheap price for a priceless old home! Personally impressed, might just make one of his concerts now. I would consider it in investment in Detroit, if not his music!

Kudos.

To hazard a guess I think this will be his "party house".

He will use this house as a large cigar humidor.

One millionaire moves in , taxes on one house will be paid [[$5578 according to Zillow 2011). Meantime, this year alone, 300 middle class tax paying residents move to the suburbs [[adios income tax), their houses will join the boarded up and burned up hulks, and join the ranks of properties that taxes go upaid . Detroit still headed in the wrong direction.

Casstechie here, 1969, went on to graduate WSU, 1974. So much doom and gloom from your mouth to this forum.

To the tune of, " I got rhythm"..., "We've Got Vision". Perhaps he can further east area goals. Our riverfront is truely a treasure!

From the Villages of the D, we welcome Kid Rock. If, indeed he moves here. He has shown great civic responsibility.

On the other hand, he wants to party, invite me. Eastsiders are outgoing, reasonably tolerant and know how to have a good time.

Met him once at a private party. He did the grilling with my mother in law badgering him. Got a great pic of my mother in law, she was 85 at the time, posed on his motorcycle. He seemed focused and kind. Posed for photo opts with all the tweenies too. Nice guy!

Might even change his political views.

If you're filthy rich and want to keep all the beans, you vote Republican. I can't imagine why anyone else would.

Quote Originally Posted by CASSTECH1981 View Post
    One millionaire moves in , taxes on one house will be paid [[$5578 according to Zillow 2011). Meantime, this year alone, 300 middle class tax paying residents move to the suburbs [[adios income tax), their houses will join the boarded up and burned up hulks, and join the ranks of properties that taxes go upaid . Detroit still headed in the wrong direction.
    Yep, pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by AGinthe313 View Post
    What are the city income tax implications on earned income if it is not his primary? How does that work?
    Next to nothing. He just sets up the ownership of the house in the name of a newly formed corporation or trust.

Quote Originally Posted by wvernon View Post
    If you're filthy rich and want to keep all the beans, you vote Republican. I can't imagine why anyone else would.
    Interesting the wealthiest members of congress are democrats! Since they already have it all they love to spend your money! If you want to keep giving away your hard earned cash keep voting for them.

Quote Originally Posted by p69rrh51 View Post
    Interesting the wealthiest members of congress are democrats! Since they already have it all they love to spend your money!
    Wouldn't the answer as to why you're pulling sheer folly out of your behind and presenting it as [[ahem) 'fact' be even more interesting?

Your premise is clearly off topic but 32 of the richest 50 are actually Republicans. The biggest difference between the two is that many rich Dems still care about and work to address normal people's concerns, whereas the Grand Oil Party is more concerned with further enriching themselves and their fat cat corporate patrons at our expense as most anyone paying attention knows.

http://www.rollcall.com/50richest/th...ess-112th.html

.... and the Republicans looking for "non-existent" Weapons of Mass Destruction didn't exactly endear the taxpayers either.... $806 billion and counting...

[QUOTE=bopcity;309760]Wouldn't the answer as to why you're pulling sheer folly out of your behind and presenting it as [[ahem) 'fact' be even more interesting?

Your premise is clearly off topic but 32 of the richest 50 are actually Republicans. The biggest difference between the two is that many rich Dems still care about and work to address normal people's concerns, whereas the Grand Oil Party is more concerned with further enriching themselves and their fat cat corporate patrons at our expense as most anyone paying attention knows.

http://www.rollcall.com/50richest/th...ess-112th.html[/QUOT

32 out of the top 50 not bad but what about the other 482 members of congress? But then being a libertarian I think they are all of full of it. Of course without those fat cats to spend their money and run the companies and provide the jobs what would you do for money??

Yes, but that means it likely won't be an investment property. It say nothing about whether it will be a primary residence.
    He couldn't do that in Indian Village, at least not legally, which may be one reason why he didn't buy there. Indian Village zoning is for single-family, owner-occupied housing, and does not permit rentals [[except for a few carriage houses). The Indian Village Association has gone after many people over the years, to the point of taking them to court, to make sure these zoning restrictions are enforced.

Anyway, I know someone who owns one of those riverfront houses on Dwight, and I'd take it over almost any IV house. They really are unique in the city.
    Last edited by EastsideAl; March-17-12 at 02:29 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast