Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

I know I said I'd shut up about this but how is race a factor in this? Did the clerk call him a racist name? Did the clerk hate blacks? I'm just curious to know how you know this info.

OK, let me see if I have this straight. Michael Haynes II sauntered into this gas station, had a mild disagreement over what he had bought, then relented in the face of the frantically screaming and violent raving of the attendant, Ibrahim "The Shotgun" Saleh. Haynes strolled out to the door, where he stumbled against some racks, and Saleh, screaming, "Allahu Akbar!" ran up and shot him, aiming for his back. Unable to call an ambulance because they were fleeing and being shot at, Haynes' friends drove him to the hospital, where they quietly and meekly beseeched the aid of hospital staff. Unfortunately, the hospital's ruthlessly overzealous security threw them on the ground and detained them while Haynes bled out, calling out mingled last words to Mom and Jesus...

More than likely Michael Haynes II went into the station, gave the cashier a $20 and said "gimme a pack of rubbers and put the rest on pump 1" When he only got $10 worth of gas he was pissed and went back in the store to get his money back for the overly priced condoms. That's when Ibrahim "i got your money, sucker" Saleh told him all sales were final. The less than Godly Mr Haynes then told him to go fu#k himself and commenced knocking over the racks of honey buns. Thats when "shotgun" Saleh came out from behind the glass screaming "Allah Akbar!" and commenced to unload a half pound of lead in the victim's ass.
    Who knows.

here is where we need to delineate between justice and vengeance. If the shooting was, as claimed, accidental, sending the guy to jail for life would not be justice, it would be vengeance. The confusion of the two is what leads cops and prosecutors to doggedly pursue a suspect without good evidence, sometimes resulting in innocents going to jail. [[NO i'm not saying if the guy did it accidentally, don't charge him. Just saying don't charge him with the maximum possible charge of first degree homicide)

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    here is where we need to delineate between justice and vengeance. If the shooting was, as claimed, accidental, sending the guy to jail for life would not be justice, it would be vengeance. The confusion of the two is what leads cops and prosecutors to doggedly pursue a suspect without good evidence, sometimes resulting in innocents going to jail. [[NO i'm not saying if the guy did it accidentally, don't charge him. Just saying don't charge him with the maximum possible charge of first degree homicide)
    How do you come out from behind bullet proof glass and shoot someone in the back accidentaly? Both sides of this story STINK!

[QUOTE=getmoore;309512]
    Quote Originally Posted by trotwood View Post
    Yeah, that's the saying. In this case it should be changed to "None so blind as those who refuse to see each individual thing for what it is."

Your proposed change wouldn't/doesn't fit the perimeters/context of the discussion I was having with Brizee.
    Thanks though.

[QUOTE=trotwood;309651]
    Quote Originally Posted by getmoore View Post

Your proposed change wouldn't/doesn't fit the perimeters/context of the discussion I was having with Brizee.
    Thanks though.
    Well, I think it does and you're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    How do you come out from behind bullet proof glass and shoot someone in the back accidentaly? Both sides of this story STINK!
    I agree with wheels on this one.

[QUOTE=getmoore;309665]
    Quote Originally Posted by trotwood View Post
    Well, I think it does and you're welcome.
    Awww,isn't that nice.

you don't shoot accidentally, but you shoot the victim accidentally

GUSHI Guest

Was the guy who got shoot, acting hard in front of his boys? Did the guy make a racist remark towards the clerk? A lot of factors, a lot more to the story, did the guy tell the clerk he gonna get him later, who the fuk knows, people get killed everyday in Detroit, I'm sick of the race card, go ahead shut another business down, but don't bitch about not being able to get food in the city, gas in the city, smokes in the city, I don't blame major chains for not being in Detroit, all their profits would walk out, Detroit is Fukd most of the good folks left, you have mostly old folk and thugs left,

SteveJ Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    There is no way that guy is going to jail for life. I see 5 years at most. Its like some thug coming into your house and threatening you and breaking your stuff and you just sit by and smile and offer the thug cookies. This Haynes guy is a real piece of shit.

Up to 15 years.

One life gone, one life wasted and two families deprived of their sons in basically the prime of their lives.

It really isn't, those places are where a lot of the car-jackings and loitering takes place. For those places who don't want to close, private security must be in place for those hours in question. Police officers could write very expensive tickets for those businesses that don't have security during those hours or if they see loitering of any kind.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3