Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I wouldn't mind paying for Taylor Swift.

Haven't gone in years, but this guarantees I won't even begin to consider it.

Ugh, is nothing sacred in this town anymore?

I used to attend and I don't even like country. Not this year

Aren't there more important topics to discuss than the location of a country festival? Downtown businesses will still see a huge influx of customers and business, the real goal of this event. I wish it was in Hart Plaza too, but going from one hard surfaced concrete venue [[Hart) to another [[the CoPa parking lot) is not that dramatic of a change. I have a feeling the owners of Foxtown businesses are quite happy with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Flintoid View Post
    Aren't there more important topics to discuss than the location of a country festival? Downtown businesses will still see a huge influx of customers and business, the real goal of this event. I wish it was in Hart Plaza too, but going from one hard surfaced concrete venue [[Hart) to another [[the CoPa parking lot) is not that dramatic of a change. I have a feeling the owners of Foxtown businesses are quite happy with this.

I guess we could keep running on about Kwame's newest criminal charges, whether or not Belle Isle should have an entry fee or the latest and greatest light rail proposal .

The free access at Hart Plaza allowed those attending plenty of opportunity to come and go as they pleased and a number of places to escape the heat of the sun [[Or the passing rain shower). Pinning everyone in a fenced in area in the middle of a parking lot is a massive change, and definitely not for the better!

My guess is there were some major sponsors that were not willing to sign up for this years event. Changing the venue and adding the entry fee may have been the only way to keep the event in the black.
    Last edited by Johnnny5; March-12-12 at 08:11 PM.

Good. I carpool to work and have to park next to Hart Plaza. After the Hoedown and the Electronix Movement the structure smells like $h!t and P!$$ for weeks! As far as I am concerned let those animals p!$$ in someone elses stairwell.

too bad.. I wonder how far will the fencing-off stretch? Hmm... I wonder about any nearby goings on to cash-in on the festival..

^^^ The parking lots will zoom up their prices accordingly. They will cash in...

Quote Originally Posted by Flintoid View Post

It's comforting to know that there is always a commercial agenda behind everything. No wonder most country music sounds the same. Rock and Roll has become a parody of a joke also, Indie will become the new norm until some nerdie iconoclast clones new Al Jolsons and has all us males wear boater hats.

This happened when Movement started charging. [[But thankfully was never moved to a parking lot...eek. There is a give 'n take with charging. I would never go to the hoedown much less pay for it. For those that do go because they love music but could do with less rif raf then charging for an event is best. For those that go to be a part of it, well those are the ones that lose out a bit.

The hillbillies are going to be a lot happier with this set up. They won't have to interact with the city at all. They can all drive in, park and leave.

That's funny.

Too bad they never have any really big events in Hinzes Park. You could have a heck of a concert on some of those baseball fields.

I stopped going to the hoedown many years ago after my girlfriend stepped-in a big pile.....funny, but she didn't think it was.....

Quote Originally Posted by ThisIsForTheHeart View Post
    I wouldn't mind paying for Taylor Swift.
    I never knew she was a hooker!

Booooo!

Hart Plaza is a much better location. Right on the riverfront is the place to be.

I'm disappointed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2