Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by middetres View Post
    The city of Detroit doesn't have the 2012 schedule for Hart Plaza on its website, but both Movement and Motor City Pride are scheduled to return to Hart Plaza this year. I'm sure the Jazz Festival will be back as well.

I'm thinking the Hoedown changed their event dates for better weather. May can still be cold, rainy and generally unpredictable as far as the weather is concerned.

The fencing put up for Movement is left up for Motor City Pride. I don't see why it couldn't be left up one week longer, so that the Hoedown could stay at Hart Plaza, but still become a pay event.

Movement has become a much better event since they started charging...better sound, lighting, artists, etc...

But Warped Tour has been produced successfully at Comerica Park for the past several years. So either location can work.

The important thing to remember is that the event will continue to bring 1000s of people downtown on a weekend that doesn't have any Tiger games or other large events happening.
    Just a point of clarification the Hoedown is in June this year. At least that's what I saw on this afternoon's newcast.

Yeah it's cold or rainy what difference does a parking lot make? You're still wet, raining and standing. Ick. Oh and let's not forget the joy of the parking lots who will JACK up their prices during the event!