Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    I think I saw you on Hard Core Pawn demanding money for a piece of crap you thought was worthwhile.
    I'm surprised people watch that crap...

The only reason that I'm scared of Kwame doing these 'sermons' is that he's going to brainwash all of those church-going potential voters into giving him another shot. I don't care if he's religious. It's his real intentions that worry me. Oh and seriously, bravo for being responsible and not voting for that fool again, Zacha.

Poobert, I was very excited by Kwame intially as well. Young, energetic, and he has so much charisma and swagger. The earring and his larger-than-life persona pulled me in also. He is a great public speaker, and that's the most dangerous thing about him because his ideals/morals are terrible. I was just discussing this with some of my friends the other day. I think right now, the best type of person to be the mayor would be someone with the same ability to rally the peopls as Kwame but with the responsibility and business acumen required to get the job done. If anyone out there like that is reading this post, PLEASE RUN FOR MAYOR!

Well he is not going to be at every church across the city and some churches would not ask him to be their speaker. And don't believe that everyone in attendance is going to be 'zombied' out to vote for him just because they attended a speech of his... pulpit or lectern.

Yes, a bit brave [[but I'm used to disobeying expectations politically and socially) to get off the KK bus after being a supporter initially. I had a strong indication his behavior and perspective first term was not a one-off sorta thing. It was to continue and expand as it did, but without my vote.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmike76 View Post
    The only reason that I'm scared of Kwame doing these 'sermons' is that he's going to brainwash all of those church-going potential voters into giving him another shot. I don't care if he's religious. It's his real intentions that worry me. Oh and seriously, bravo for being responsible and not voting for that fool again, Zacha.
    Last edited by Zacha341; March-08-12 at 10:59 AM.

Occurrence Guest

I'm with you on this. The church-going folk are the easiest to brainwash. They are already brainwashed by "religion", which is why they are at church to begin with. If they are willing to believe in fairy tales and imaginary beings, there is a good chance they will believe Kwame has "changed".

The biggest problem I see with politics is that people confuse causation and correlation. They aren't the same.

If the my doorbell always seems to ring just as hop in the shower, does that mean my shower caused the doorbell?

Yes, the buses ran better under Kwame. Yes, the buses are worse under Bing. Does that mean that Kwame made the buses run on time? Does it mean Bing is an idiot and running into the ground? Maybe. Maybe not.

The bottom line is anytime somebody complains about they want Kwame back or they want Bing out or they want Pugh out or they want blah blah blah out....I've got an idea.

Instead of blaming a person, let's start blaming actions. Instead of proposing a person, let's start proposing solutions.

You want the DDOT to run better? OK. Let's quit arguing over whose fault it is. You propose a solution to takeover an organization saddled with structural debt, aging infrastructure, and dropping revenue. I'm all ears. Detroit is all ears.

You want to avoid having an outsider run our affairs? Simple. Find a solution that involves all our bills getting paid. That's it. We can march on Washington, sign petitions, and even strike down the EFM law. At the end of the day, if we don't pay our bills, then either an EFM or a bankruptcy judge is going to do it for us.

I don't like all the things Bing has done. I don't like all the things that he was supposed to do but hasn't. I like some of the things he's done. I like some of the ideas that he's trying to execute.

But whether we like it or not, what is "good for Detroit" in the long run may very well be shitty for Detroit in the short run. We've got a thousand wounded soldiers. Not all of them can be saved. And of the many who can be saved, we don't have the resources to save them all.

So the fact that "soldiers are dying" is no longer valid evidence that the general is at fault. Soldiers are gonna die. Parts of the city are gonna suffer. You want to make an argument? Argue about which things shouldn't suffer and how that will benefit us all in the long run.

Even this bullshit about grant mismanagement from the city...do I agree with it? Of course not. Does this mean that Bing should fire everyone and start everything from scratch? That's probably gonna require 12-18 months of training, transition, and learning curve. Does it mean should be fired? Maybe.

Saving Detroit is a gigantic undertaking. It's time we shift from talking about PEOPLE, whether it's Kwame, Bing, or whoever...and shift to talking about IDEAS and SOLUTIONS.

Quote Originally Posted by corktownyuppie View Post
    Yes, the buses ran better under Kwame. Yes, the buses are worse under Bing. Does that mean that Kwame made the buses run on time? Does it mean Bing is an idiot and running into the ground? Maybe. Maybe not.
    I don't know that Bing is running DDOT into the ground due to incompetence, necessarily. To me it seems more like he'd just rather be rid of it and he doesn't think transit is important. Kilpatrick didn't do anything particularly great for the bus system [[actually he cut service pretty drastically too), but he seems pro-transit compared to Bing just because Bing has been so damn terrible and tin-eared on this issue.

I don't think you should ever be concerned about KK running for public office again. I don't think he is going to beat the federal rap and I could see him going away a min of 5 years most likely longer. I see the sermons as a new calling for him. In hindsight this might have been a better calling for him than politics. I think he's trying out this calling since this could be the comeback he is talking about once he wraps up his federal vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    I don't think you should ever be concerned about KK running for public office again. I don't think he is going to beat the federal rap and I could see him going away a min of 5 years most likely longer. I see the sermons as a new calling for him. In hindsight this might have been a better calling for him than politics. I think he's trying out this calling since this could be the comeback he is talking about once he wraps up his federal vacation.

I'm guessing he's not doing these sermons for free either.

A kk slacky, UGH! Go away and take KK with you.

^^^ You must mean the folks who still champion him - claim he is being oppressed, dispossessed and hope for his law suit against SkyTel to be a big win as though they will get a 'percentage'? Yeah, what up with dat?
    Last edited by Zacha341; March-08-12 at 11:10 AM.

Occurrence Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 313hero View Post
    Me and alot of other citizens would much rather have Kwame Back
    Anyone who wants Kwame back is a moron.
    Last edited by Occurrence; March-08-12 at 11:55 AM.

It is too bad we don't have a thumbs up function, because I would certainly vote thumbs up for CTY's outstanding post.

I agree! Great post!
    Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    It is too bad we don't have a thumbs up function, because I would certainly vote thumbs up for CTY's outstanding post.

^^^^ "Federal Vacation" ^^^^ ^^^^ "!"

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    ^^^^ "Federal Vacation" ^^^^ ^^^^ "!"
    And it would be nice if they tack on the cost of said vacation to his overdue and drug out restitution. He needs to pay up and shut up.

Corktownyuppie, that is a good point. That's why I'm getting much more involved in volunteering in Detroit. I realize it won't solve the big problems, but I want to start somewhere and I'll work my way up. My fiance and I are going to move down there after she graduates from Wayne State so that we can contribute to Detroit's comeback. Even better, she's from Virginia so she wasn't raised with that anti-regional mentality [[ie: 313Hero that started this thread). She now loves the D after seeing both good and bad. She and I have both been spreading the good word about the D to all of her friends in family in DC, Virginia, NY, etc. The bitching is just the deep seated hatred I have for KK and my foolish attempts to change some people's minds about that jackhole.

I do live "here" in Detroit. KK and his pals and distant cousins and friends did steal huge amounts from the City. Please - Sherry Washington who stole all that money from the public schools - she was Bernard Kilpatrick's girlfriend. And before she had the DPS scam, she got the contract to put art in Cobo for $1 million that could and should have gone to City services or improving the She learned from a master. What about those people hiring their incompetent children to work at the Detroit Public Library and buying lots a nice stuff for their digs while our libraries close - they thought that's how we roll in Detroit. Monica Conyers sold her vote in that sludge case and sold out the residents of SW Detroit who would have to breathe the toxins she opened the door for. And didn't she have election ties to KK?
    Matty Maroun was paying off KK and he took Fort St. & West Grand Blvd and a park from Detroiters in return. And the people who have pensions from Detroit - that's their life investments that KK & pals were taking through kickbacks and bribes.

It went all the way to the ATM's in Cobo Hall. KK's pal and Cobo concessionaire Karl Kado got control of those and for awhile there it cost an $8 fee to use the ATM.
    And Kado doubled the charges that Cobo users had to pay for catering, electrical and cleaning so that he could pay off KK - as he has admitted. Then Cobo started to lose customers big time. SME, headquartered here for decades doesn't yet have a single meeting in Cobo because of the graft and corruption. Think that people didn't lose Cobo jobs and income when business dropped off?
    How can you not think that KK stole from Detroit? Are you blind? The corruption here was stunning and outright theft commonplace.

Quote Originally Posted by SWMAP View Post
    I do live "here" in Detroit. KK and his pals and distant cousins and friends did steal huge amounts from the City. Please - Sherry Washington who stole all that money from the public schools - she was Bernard Kilpatrick's girlfriend. And before she had the DPS scam, she got the contract to put art in Cobo for $1 million that could and should have gone to City services or improving the She learned from a master. What about those people hiring their incompetent children to work at the Detroit Public Library and buying lots a nice stuff for their digs while our libraries close - they thought that's how we roll in Detroit. Monica Conyers sold her vote in that sludge case and sold out the residents of SW Detroit who would have to breathe the toxins she opened the door for. And didn't she have election ties to KK?
    Matty Maroun was paying off KK and he took Fort St. & West Grand Blvd and a park from Detroiters in return. And the people who have pensions from Detroit - that's their life investments that KK & pals were taking through kickbacks and bribes.

It went all the way to the ATM's in Cobo Hall. KK's pal and Cobo concessionaire Karl Kado got control of those and for awhile there it cost an $8 fee to use the ATM.
    And Kado doubled the charges that Cobo users had to pay for catering, electrical and cleaning so that he could pay off KK - as he has admitted. Then Cobo started to lose customers big time. SME, headquartered here for decades doesn't yet have a single meeting in Cobo because of the graft and corruption. Think that people didn't lose Cobo jobs and income when business dropped off?
    How can you not think that KK stole from Detroit? Are you blind? The corruption here was stunning and outright theft commonplace.
    W/ all that said I still would prefer KK as Mayor. Its always gonna be bad apples. You talking about what other people did. Kado, Washington etc. Did what THEY did. Look @ Ficano's team they did what they did. You cant MAKE people NOT do wrong, if an individual chooses to do wrong what can you do about it. Its people in Bing's administration that has gotten Indicted also. 1000's of dollars for garbage cans happened under Bing's watch. Not spending money slated to help the city and the poor happened on Bing's watch. Does that make him Corrupt??? Nope. That just means he hired some assholes, and No one I've ever heard of has put their a corrupt thief on their application. You cant Blame someone for someone elses actions. It was a bunch of assholes in the KK admin and its still a bunch down their now. Whatcha gonna do. What can you do. It is what it is. @ least the city was better

"Whatcha gonna do. What can you do. It is what it is. @ least the city was better"

Are you missing the link between the current state of the city and Kwame's thieving ways? You're like the Republicans who blame Obama for the mess the county is in and act as if George W. Bush had nothing to do with how we ended up where we are today.

Or conversely Obama blaming Bush for everything... but I hear your bigger point! Clearly there is a connection between the current state of affairs and Kilpatricks fiscal diversions... and continued diversions. So much CORRUPTION was hidden as we can and will see.

Again it's not a he was better than Bing thing - 'everybody steals' [[the usual canard of justification - this and that). Bing is a mess too... main difference is the money pot has dried up. Um eventually it would - duh! No one looked to the future.

The same is at the federal level as we spend our way to oblivion [[right and left guilt of this). Make money for your friends and they will endores and justify your actions..... for a lonnnng while!
    Quote Originally Posted by Novine View Post
    "Whatcha gonna do. What can you do. It is what it is. @ least the city was better"

Are you missing the link between the current state of the city and Kwame's thieving ways? You're like the Republicans who blame Obama for the mess the county is in and act as if George W. Bush had nothing to do with how we ended up where we are today.
    Last edited by Zacha341; March-08-12 at 09:59 PM.

Ok. The city was better? So you had the same problems that you have now....and KK was TAKING your money too. How is that better? Do you like getting bent over? I actually don't know why I continue to reply to your comments 313 "hero". You can't be reasoned with. You are the problem. Your attitude is the problem.

But don't you get it? The city seemed better because they were living on deficit spending and telling everybody that things were rosy for Detroit and we were a world-class city. They were kicking the can down the road to Bing and now he has to pay the piper. I do agree that Bing should have replaced every department head - but how was he to know three years ago that the corruption was so deep and wide?

Quote Originally Posted by SWMAP View Post
    But don't you get it? The city seemed better because they were living on deficit spending and telling everybody that things were rosy for Detroit and we were a world-class city. They were kicking the can down the road to Bing and now he has to pay the piper. I do agree that Bing should have replaced every department head - but how was he to know three years ago that the corruption was so deep and wide?
    Its so convient to forget that Detroit Wasted and entire YEAR. Yall Remember 2009 right. NOTHING @ ALL got accomplished that year. It was the 1st year Obama was in Office and he was making it rain all over the country except here cause we had nothing planned, Detroit didnt even apply for any new appropiations that year. We Had two Different administrations that year [[Cockrell & Bing). 2009 was very detrimental to what we see today. Not to mention Carolyn Lost. No representation on the money board for @ all anymore. How Hansen Workin out for yall ROTFLMAO.

Quote Originally Posted by 313hero View Post
    Its so convient to forget that Detroit Wasted and entire YEAR. Yall Remember 2009 right. NOTHING @ ALL got accomplished that year. It was the 1st year Obama was in Office and he was making it rain all over the country except here cause we had nothing planned, Detroit didnt even apply for any new appropiations that year. We Had two Different administrations that year [[Cockrell & Bing). 2009 was very detrimental to what we see today. Not to mention Carolyn Lost. No representation on the money board for @ all anymore. How Hansen Workin out for yall ROTFLMAO.
    Do you always anser your own questions.
    Who put Detroit in that position? It didn't just happen over night.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast