Hey good people! I'm still here, but haven't been able to drop in. Thanks so much to Roq and Ravine for letting me know about the page.

There's been a ton of things that have happened over the past 6 months. My dad died in December, 3 short weeks before Christmas. Spent late December and early January helping my mom and grandmother move into senior housing. Then I started having vision trouble in early February. And in mid-February, I just accepted a position at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia... they made me an offer I couldn't refuse... so I'll be taking a leave from Wayne State starting this summer. Once I'm over on the East Coast, I'll rely on you good folks to keep me abreast of the Detroit news and happenings. I also hope to use the position to set up a grant funded program, and eventually a nonprofit, in Detroit.

Is anyone planning to hang out for Opening Day 2012? I'm bummed that I'm going to miss half the season and will be in Phillies territory... but I will wear my old English D with pride! Would love to do that, or get over to a FSC before the big move... and will definitely make it to this year's picnic if I'm in town. Last year's was marvelous.

Hope everyone's been enjoying the great weather!