Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

bartock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    Show me where I said anything about Hall Road competing directly with Detroit? I doubt any of the stores along Hall Rd have ever had a location in Detroit, especially if the company is less than 30 years old. What I am saying is that Hall Rd was not driven by market demand... Or at least market demand for more retail in Metropolitan Detroit. Every new business along Hall Rd is coming at the expensive of some inner ring suburb that was the Hall Rd of the 1980s or 1990s.
    We can do the Hudon's-Marshall Fields-Macy's thing, and pretty much all of the type of retail that was once in Detroit, even if the names change. But, yes, as it relates specifically to Hall Rd, you are probably talking more about shifting from the inner-rings as opposed to city proper. My comment was more in response to some of the now-missing venom that was spewed earlier in the thread. For what it is worth, I shouldn't have lumped you in.

Anyway, I guess it would depend on how you define market demand for more retail. As the market changes, so does the demand, so whether the demand merely shifted from one location to another [[true), or whether overall growth of the region led to the demand [[not true), it was demand nonetheless.
    Last edited by bartock; March-09-12 at 10:30 AM.