Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
That's kind of you to be so optimistic, but your description just makes it sounds so good that I feel I need to pick up the pace on my plans to move to Chicago.

Sorry, Snyder, I love Detroit but I'm not interested in sticking around much longer with the way things are going, and I sure as HELL don't want to live near anything like Hall Road, like virtually everyone I know and of my generation [[I don't give a shit that somebody here knows somebody who has a kid who moved to 19 mile). You old timers can grow even older here together and figure out how to pay for all this garbage yourselves, since you love it all so much, and wonder why your grandkids would leave such a paradise and scatter to four corners of the earth. Cheers!
And if you take a good look at what you're saying. You'll realize that you're moving to Chicago for Chicago. Which is all the difference right now. No one is comparing Michigan with Illinois, Indiana or Ohio. They're comparing Detroit with Chicago, Indianapolis or Columbus. That's why a strong Detroit is necessary. Hence my desire to build it up. And not liking Hall Rd does nothing to accomplish that. Helping to keep my street clean, safe and well lit while supporting the businesses there will. Good luck to you in Chicago, it's a helluva city.