Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    The purpose of my poorly worded, poorly titled vignette, was to illustrate an episode of slow EMS service that I witnessed. Nobody knew what was wrong with that poor guy, However, it stands to reason that he would have been way better off with a timely ambulance appearence.

As far as a critique of fast food restaurants in the city, I have no problem with that. I'd venture to say, I've been to all of them at one time or another.
    We're Detroiters. We just watched another baby get buried. This time, only nine months old.

It's hard for us to get worked up over a guy passed out in a bathroom.

Quote Originally Posted by Thames View Post
    We're Detroiters. We just watched another baby get buried. This time, only nine months old.

It's hard for us to get worked up over a guy passed out in a bathroom.
    You don't have to get worked up over anybody. What you should be unhappy with is the lack of quick response of EMS in the city.

Your love for humanity [[or lack of it) is completely personal on your part.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    You don't have to get worked up over anybody. What you should be unhappy with is the lack of quick response of EMS in the city.

Your love for humanity [[or lack of it) is completely personal on your part.
    Exactly. It could have just as easily been one of YOU that needed that EMS. But, I guess that people shouldn't be bothered by it since it happens all of the time... until it affects them personally.

When I lived in Detroit, the one and only time that we needed an EMS, 911 was busy! Nothing but a busy signal. This was back in the mid to late 90's.