Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by p69rrh51 View Post
    Yes very appalling but then it was theirs to plunder, the company was not owned by the employees! Also the myth of the perfect union employee especially in this area is just that a MYTH!

Yes, but they did not bother with MYTHS when they left Michigan for another country. They sure as hell did not move their ops to a non-union state...

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Yes, but they did not bother with MYTHS when they left Michigan for another country. They sure as hell did not move their ops to a non-union state...
    They haven't "left Michigan" they are just closing one manufacturing facility.plant in Hamtown.

They still have the following facilities in Michigan:

World Headquarters--Detroit
    R&D and Engineering Facilities--Auburn Hills and Rochester Hills
    Manufacturing Facilities--Auburn Hills, Oxford [[X2), Three Rivers

In nearby states, they have an engineering facility in Ft Wayne IN and manufacturing facilities in Ft Wayne, Malvern OH, Minerva OH, Lancaster PA, and Cheektowaga NY.

Also in North America, they have a manufacturing facility in Guanajuato, Mexico.

As of Dec 2011, 62% of their total work force was union.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    True but then corporate taxes and regulations are another problem! Although one has to remember they left over 2 hours of labor that they were already paying for. I would have left to.
    Last edited by p69rrh51; February-27-12 at 02:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermod View Post
    They haven't "left Michigan" they are just closing one manufacturing facility.plant in Hamtown.

They still have the following facilities in Michigan:

World Headquarters--Detroit
    R&D and Engineering Facilities--Auburn Hills and Rochester Hills
    Manufacturing Facilities--Auburn Hills, Oxford [[X2), Three Rivers

In nearby states, they have an engineering facility in Ft Wayne IN and manufacturing facilities in Ft Wayne, Malvern OH, Minerva OH, Lancaster PA, and Cheektowaga NY.

Also in North America, they have a manufacturing facility in Guanajuato, Mexico.

As of Dec 2011, 62% of their total work force was union.

I'm happy to hear that. I was using a broad brush.

Quote Originally Posted by 48091 View Post
    Companies are greedy.

So are unions.
    Companies are GREEDIER. I bet that ...... bag Richard Dauch isn't clipping coupons these days. Executive Compensation is what's destroying this country.

Corporate overlord??? How about typical lazy union employees!!! I had a chance to chat with one of the labor lawyers for AMM a few years ago, and the workers on Holbrook were being paid for 40 hours of labor and only averaging 28 hours of actual work. For many years they were negotiating just to raise the average actual hours to 30 a week with the union resisting every time. Now we all would love to get paid for 10-12 hours of non work a week but as a small employer I am appalled that they had to put up with that. I do not blame them for leaving if you ran the company would you stay??
    Give me a break. These CEO's make billions before and after they run the company in the ground, then get a bonus on the way out the door. Don't give me that BS that unions were the reason. They had help.

Traditionally the plants were Chevy Gear & Axle and Chevy Forge.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Give me a break. These CEO's make billions before and after they run the company in the ground, then get a bonus on the way out the door. Don't give me that BS that unions were the reason. They had help.
    Dick Dauch is the CO Founder and CEO. He hasn't gone anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    Dick Dauch is the CO Founder and CEO. He hasn't gone anywhere.
    It doesn't matter, he's getting paid regardless, while his former employees have to find jobs.

Yes they do OWN the company and it is their's to run in the ground and sound like you are jealous that they made the money and you didn't! Also would you own a company that paid for 100% effort but only got 70% in actual work I doubt it. So yes my BS reason stands!!

Yes they do OWN the company and it is their's to run in the ground and sound like you are jealous that they made the money and you didn't! Also would you own a company that paid for 100% effort but only got 70% in actual work I doubt it. So yes my BS reason stands!!
    Obviously, you fail the see the big picture. Carry on.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; February-28-12 at 08:58 AM.

CEOs do not "own" the companies they work for. American Axle is a publicly-traded corporation, it's owned by the shareholders, not the CEO.

Shareholders, CEO, Board, OEMs, End Customers.... they all didn't care enough.

So, why not make more money?

If you work at the Coca Cola plant and see co-workers walking around drinking Pepsi because its less expensive... do you speak up, join them, or whine?

Since American Axle closes, The pickle plant begins. At least there still jobs for folks who live in Hamtramck and Detroit area.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Since American Axle closes, The pickle plant begins. At least there still jobs for folks who live in Hamtramck and Detroit area.
    Who can raise a family on $8.00 an hour??

Who can raise a family on $8.00 an hour??
    I guess dey shoulda thought about that before they wanted a fancy UNION and all ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2