Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Thanks, detroitsgwenivere-- I don't know how smart it is. A lot of people, including many on this board, will say things like, "The problem with Detroit is..." and then make a statement based on what they believe. I guess I am doomed to do the same thing. If I say something about what my neighborhood needs, it may be perfectly true, but it is probably only true for my neighborhood and maybe only on my block. You can't take that same idea and put it to work on every block in the city. It will take 10 thousand different ideas working on 10 thousand blocks to reshape the city.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkguy View Post
    [...] A lot of people, including many on this board, will say things like, "The problem with Detroit is..." and then make a statement based on what they believe. I guess I am doomed to do the same thing. [...]
    Your analysis was well conceived and well put. Don't feel like your "doomed" to do anything ... this is a creative forum where we can share our ideas politely. That's part of what you called "let's hear all the ideas" and "10 thousand different ideas..." Participatory democracy, versus authoritarianism that doesn't work so well anymore.

Please keep thinking and sharing your ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by beachboy View Post
    Your analysis was well conceived and well put. Don't feel like your "doomed" to do anything ... this is a creative forum where we can share our ideas politely. That's part of what you called "let's hear all the ideas" and "10 thousand different ideas..." Participatory democracy, versus authoritarianism that doesn't work so well anymore.

Please keep thinking and sharing your ideas.
    Agreed, keep it coming.