Detroit Swag-o-mania

What a festive night as throngs gathered at Campus Martius in Downtown Detroit for the the lighting of the city Christmas tree and the official opening of the skating rink.

READ MORE »

New? Join DetroitYES»

DISCUSSING ALL THINGS DETROIT-WINDSOR SINCE 1999

ENJOY DETROITYES?

AND HAVE ADS REMOVED DETAILS »

Default 2 questions about Bois Blanc (BobLo) Island

Just curious. Is there anything left of the amusement park on the island, and how well is the Amico Properties development doing? Have they sold many houses, how is the development doing, that type of thing.

Thanks

Take a look at google maps and judge for yourself! I have wondered the same thing. Its a great tool.

As far as I know, the old dance pavilion is still standing, albeit in ruins, as were several maintenance buildings. I read on one website that the Needle, or observation deck was still standing as well.

And least we forget, the boats are still intact, at least in one derelict form or another.

The Dance Pavillion's 1913 Welte Wolton Brass Band Orchestrian also survives, and is being offered for sale for 1.5 Million.
    It was the subject of a great Freep article yesterday.
    It's an amazing machine!

Saw that article and that's what made me curious.

Anyone know how the new development is doing financially? I noted their website hasn't been updated recently (I'll grant you the Island doesn't "reopen" until May, and their Facebook page hasn't seen much activity in a year.

Ruins of Boblo Island

I remember this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochelle St. View Post
    The Dance Pavillion's 1913 Welte Wolton Brass Band Orchestrian also survives, and is being offered for sale for 1.5 Million. It was the subject of a great Freep article yesterday. It's an amazing machine!
    A work of art:

Described in detail (with history) at: http://www.rmauctions.com/FeatureCar...arID=L779&fc=0