Not trying to spam anybody, but there is a fun art scavenger hunt going on every Friday in Detroit. The idea is that artists will leave a piece of art somewhere in the city and it's free to take home for anyone who finds it.
I've participated for the last couple weeks and it's a lot of fun.
Here's how it works:
1. An artist creates a custom piece of art – anything from a painting to a screenprint to a sculpture.
2. They write their Twitter handle and the hashtag #FAFDET as well as "Free Art Friday Detroit" on the back of the piece.
3. Then they hide their art somewhere in the city.
4. The artist posts a photo clue of the drop spot to the FAFDET Facebook page and tweets with hashtag #FAFDET.
5. Anyone who finds it is free to take the artwork home. We just ask that they tweet or post a photo to this page letting us know it has found a good home.
Hope some DYESers can join in!