Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Occurrence Guest

I can already hear the jocks bragging "yo man , lets go to B-dubs in the D!"

Default Buffalo Wild Wings!

Crain Communication had reported that Buffalo Wild Wings will open it's doors at 1211 Randolph inside the Temple of Odd Fellows building. I am having trouble putting the link on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by milesdriven View Post
    While I tend to avoid chains, they do have good wings and a lot of big-screen TVs to watch games. However, I'm sure they won't allow smoking, so they won't be seeing any of my business.
    Wow man, you may wanna kick that habit then if it's preventing you from leaving your home and going places. I have friends that smoke and are capable of enjoying food without lighting up

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    ..i've never been to BWW.. are the wings actually good? do they have other things? wing-burgers?

...based on the artist's rendering.. would they be on all the floors of the building?
    The rendering only shows ground floor dining. The rent probably includes exclusive signage on the building. But nothing I see indicates using top floors.. Possibly the 2nd which may end up mezzanined and open to the floor below.

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    Crain Communication had reported that Buffalo Wild Wings will open it's doors at 1211 Randolph inside the Temple of Odd Fellows building. I am having trouble putting the link on this site.
    http://www.detroityes.com/mb/showthr...ing-to-Detroit

Before reading that Crain's piece I never knew that Buffalo Wild Wings is a Southfield company. Anyone else know that? Are there any other chains based in metro Detroit besides pizza places? ... I can think of Olga's ... Drawing a blank

Quote Originally Posted by wolverine View Post
    The rendering only shows ground floor dining. The rent probably includes exclusive signage on the building. But nothing I see indicates using top floors.. Possibly the 2nd which may end up mezzanined and open to the floor below.
    Does anyone read the article? Literally the second paragraph states EXACTLY what every floor is being used for:

"The 12,000-square-foot restaurant will seat 425 and is spread over three floors: the main bar on the first floor, a second-floor banquet operation and a rooftop patio bar."

Ravine Guest

I smoke pipe tobacco as much as possible, but that's no barrier to carry-out.
    Hell Yes this is good news.
    As always, if a local joint is opening, we hear the moaning about how no big national chains will open franchises in Detroit, and if a big national chain is opening, we hear the murmurs of scorn for chains, and the moping about how we need more cool local joints.
    Good Girls Go To Hard Rock Cafe?

I would love to hear news that a national retail store such as Target or JCPenney will soon open on Woodward

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    Before reading that Crain's piece I never knew that Buffalo Wild Wings is a Southfield company. Anyone else know that? Are there any other chains based in metro Detroit besides pizza places? ... I can think of Olga's ... Drawing a blank
    Their HO is in Minneapolis. Probably Soutfield is the Metro/Michigan Master Franchise.

PS. Statsu, if you want Target to come you should get the Wild Wings HO guy to walk down the street in Minny and ask them.
    Last edited by 401don; February-10-12 at 09:06 PM.

BW3 is one of the few chains that I like. The wings are always good and they have a huge tap list.

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    I would love to hear news that a national retail store such as Target or JCPenney will soon open on Woodward
    I would love to see either or on the north side of the Fisher and west side of Woodward. That side of Woodward all the way up to MLK needs to be developed.

Every Buffalo Wild WIngs in suburbia is built by a Target, Meijer, etc. So a little opposite development wise but maybe BW3 could pull some retail to them.

These chains and multinational corporations bring confidence to Detroit investments. With BWWs opening downtown, Whole Foods building in Midtown, major corporations moving jobs to the city [[in Downtown and other neighborhoods), and redevelopment projects like the Broderick, Whitney, everything Gilbert is redoing, and much more this is that sort of snowball effect we've been talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    Tubby's and Hot N' Now.

Granted, those are only regional chains, but still...

Sounds good to me. With any luck, this place will siphon off enough d0uchebags and sports fans to allow me to dine elsewhere in peace.

Good news and another great spot to watch the Hockey or Baseball games. They have awesome projection screens.

" It also owns the Bagger Dave's Legendary Burgers and Fries restaurant franchise, which it also hopes to bring to Detroit."

Now that's what I'm talking about! I can see them using the ground-level space of the Ernst & Young building or the Broderick Tower. Cross-fingers.

Why do I get the feeling that Gthomas has something to do with this? Way to go, this is great news.

"Sounds good to me. With any luck, this place will siphon off enough d0uchebags and sports fans to allow me to dine elsewhere in peace."

Hahaha + 1. Great news overall! More lights, more life, more confidence from other investors!

Quote Originally Posted by gthomas View Post
    " It also owns the Bagger Dave's Legendary Burgers and Fries restaurant franchise, which it also hopes to bring to Detroit."

Now that's what I'm talking about! I can see them using the ground-level space of the Ernst & Young building or the Broderick Tower. Cross-fingers.
    From the sounds of it, the developers have the ground floor of the Broderick spoken for with 3 restaurants http://detroit.curbed.com/archives/2...ck-tower-1.php . But I couldn't agree more a Bagger Dave's right on the bottom floor of Ernst & Young's building would be great! Even more life for Campus Martius! I think we are finally starting to see that snowball effect we've been waiting for. And all it took was one of the richest men in America pouring millions of dollars into downtown. Why didn't we try this sooner

However, I will not be posting their names on a public forum.
    I wasn't expecting you to...glad you didn't...while someone else's hatred of the habit is so that they will rat out any business that allows it.

...back to the topic at hand...I am for any business coming to the D. We do have lots of unique locations so this is great to add to the mix.

I find the the artist rendering kinda ugly. Randolph has a lot of nice vintage and the front signage is way too overwhelming. Might as well do the front in gromit.

Heard the wings @ BW's are small, frozen, expensive, & minimal flavor.....?

It is time for a Target downtown. I am so sick of the retail dessert available to me when I go out at lunchtime. I want to spend my money on mass-marketed goods and services with faux-style, but there is nowhere to go. No, I am not being toungue in cheek - I really do want a Target downtown!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast